Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What welders do you all use?

Re: What welders do you all use?

I have a Miller 200 MIG, Miller 180SD TIG and my good old AstroMIG130 with a bunch of mods.
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Miller 175.

I would like to step up to a 211. IMO, for offroad fab work, something that can hit 150A or higher is worth it.

The 175 does okay at 1/4", but it isn't great. It would be nice to be able to turn up the heat a little more than I'm able to.

I'm not doubting you scuba, but I'm suprised that any 110v machine can do 1/4". Must be a helluva welder.
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

ive seen steves welder in action its pretty dang good. I think hes talking with beveling edges he can do 1/4 inch. its a good trick to know to stretch the capability of the 110v setups. also it seems a good extension cord not too long is important with 110 and maxing out. steve that front cross member you put in for me was 1/4"? It did that fine

i pulled the trigger on a hobart handler 210 with a free spool gun for aluminum. it will be a bit before i can mess with it but hopefully I can get good enough to use it to half its potential.

Lincoln Invertec 205 AC/DC with Bernard 3500SS cooler.
    94 4Runner, SR5 3.0V6, 4WD, 5spd: SOLD<br />99 4Runner, SR5, 3.4L 4WD, 5spd.&nbsp;&nbsp; full SS 1.2 lift, RedLine Fluids, Marline Shifter seat, BruceTS rear bumper, roof busket, Marlin 1200 Clutch, hitch mount tire carrier, Tundra brakes, Brembo rotors.&nbsp; Stubb&#039;s sliders, Lightforce 240, ARB Taco bar, BruceTS rear bumper, stainless steel skid plate.&nbsp; ScanGaugeII, Hankook AT 265/75 LC80 wheels.<br />04 4Runner, V6 SR5 4WD, 3rd Gen. LTD wheels, BFG AT 265/75, FJC coils and silver Bilstein shocks, Scion H/U.

Miller 110v for little crap, all else I head into the shop and use the Miller Syncrowave 350. Been picking metal bits out of my shoulder for years. Like Cebby, a Lincoln convert..and I still weld like crap most times.

Lincoln Electric Pro MIG 180-Amp Welder

lincoln power mig 255, with a miller spectrum 625 plasma cutter.

I love the lincoln, but after getting the miller... I could easily convert. Both are top quality. If this some something your really going to be using, spend the extra money on a higher end welder.

98 Limited - Sonoran Goodies - Big Tires - Mostly stock

I finally pulled the trigger on a 3 in 1 machine (MIG, TIG and Arc) from Thermal Arc and man is it nice to use. Only touble is that up in Canada getting large gas cylinders filled without a lease is a major PITA (largest you can own up here is 50CF.......can you say cartel). The TIG is only DC so you can only weld aluminum if you buy the spoolgun for the MIG process. It has full inverter control which make it super easy to get a nice bead run. It is a 220V machine so I did have to get my garage wired for it but if you are looking for a good welder, I highly recommend.

Here's the machine I got (Thermal Arc Fabricator 181i):
    http://www.thermadyne.com/Thermal%20...181i/index.php
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12