Thread: Cool Craigslist Finds

Cool Craigslist Finds

Figured we needed a place to post those awesome CL finds that you can't afford but others might. This should be for cool stuff, save the funny/rediculous ones for the fail thread. So it should be smokin' deals, hard to find stuff, rare, etc...

Common courtesy would be to post the link and also copy and paste the ad.

here's one!

90 Toyota 4runner 4x4 $2300 San Luis Obispo, CA ((the thing that makes this cool is the fact that it's a v6 5spd 2 Door 2nd gen!)
    http://slo.craigslist.org/cto/2234863848.html
    245785 miles
    5 speed
    v6 sr5
    driver side seat has rips still feels good though
    good rims and tires
    registration good til jul 2011
    sold as is
    missing speakers and radio
    the windsheild is not professionally sealed
    windows work
    habla un poco espanol e tienes un amigo habla espanol
    My signature

Re: Cool Craigslist Finds

Ooohhh.. and from the looks of it they're single front door glass w/o wing windows, even more rare these days.

Find me some Corolla, 4Runner, or Tacoma stuff b/c I'm not happy with what I've seen for new vehicles and might just suck up to another build instead of a commuter p.o.s., thinking 3rd Gen Runner w/ Auto so wife can use it, likely gonna keep mine.

I've got another link that I won't share yet because I'm trying to figure out a way to fund it, but lets just say that I probably need about $6K and it would be an amazing toyota with a supercharged 1uz in it. The actual vehicle itself is only $750 though I'm trying to figure out a way to convince my dad that he needs a "project" LOL!!! This is the only truck that I've ever considered keeping 2wd and making a hotrod lowrider....
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    ...This is the only truck that I've ever considered keeping 2wd and making a hotrod lowrider....

Believe me, it could also make a cool 4wd conversion but I'd be afraid of doing body damage on it. It would look awesome lowered though!

Edit: I figure for 5 grand, I can get it pretty close to finished with the supercharged 1UZ dropped into it. Although I haven't priced out the supercharged 1uz yet (I know some of you who peruse lextreme could tell me more )
    My signature

Navigator

from what iv heard, the info on Lextreme really isnt that great.. Do you know Smithers? (name is Ryan) He lives in north SLO county and has a 1uz in a 4wd Tacoma. He said the guys on Lextreme gave him all kinds of wrong part numbers and stuff. If you wanna get ahold of him hes the moderator on http://www.fourwheelforum.com/ if you talk to him he'll probably give u a ride in his truck. He knows a LOT about the swap and everything necessary to get it done.
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

That's good to know! This would be slightly simpler in the fact that it could be a complete motor and tranny swap since I don't have to worry about mating it to a transfer case or anything. It's all just a pipe dream anyways... I may go look at the truck anyways and maybe he needs some tile work done. The truck itself is supposed to be running with the original drivetrain now, so I could always drive it around while I fix it up and then do a motor swap down the road.
    My signature

Navigator

definitely get ahold of Ryan tho, if for no other reason than to get a ride in a 1uz taco. (btw, that is probably the sexiest sounding engine iv ever heard)
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock