Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *Long Term Planning* End of Summer Rubicon

Navigator

*Long Term Planning* End of Summer Rubicon

Alright guys, How many people would be interested in doing the Rubicon later this year? I've always wanted to run it, and think it would be an awesome time to do it.

I want to do it Labor Day weekend, theoretically finishing in Lake Tahoe on Labor Day (Monday, September 5th), which would mean starting either Thursday or Friday before.

- Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Re: *Long Term Planning* End of Summer Rubicon

I am very interested in this idea!

Guys post up your thoughts...

'89 Flatbed with detroits and 4 tires

Once the snow melts it's a freeway most of the summer and darn right crazy during the holiday weekends. I'd keep this in mind. I'll watch the thread as it gets closer. I don't want to take my 4Runner up there but maybe my bike as I've done that before.

Kevin, what rig are you taking?

Navigator

well i would have been taking the 4runner, but its for sale now, so i dont know if ill be doin this anymore.. especially since i will have just moved to San Diego a month before this.
    - Kevin

I didn't realize the original post was older. Currently there is a lot of snow up there but guys are still doing snow runs in the area. It's a pretty active spot year round.

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    I didn't realize the original post was older. Currently there is a lot of snow up there but guys are still doing snow runs in the area. It's a pretty active spot year round.
    no kidding.. im friends with the FOTR on facebook, and they keep posting snow level pics :P like, the roof of a bathroom just barely peaking out of the snow = 10-12 feet.. haha
    - Kevin

its on my list of things to do, but i dont think my truck is currently capable of making that trip. i think i need more armor, and for sure more spare parts!!!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Sean, your truck can probably make it but it'll look like butt when your done. That is one reason I would never take my 4Runner up there. There are bypasses but things aren't always as they appear on the internet.

^Why I am reverting to ours being the travel rig and saving for a p.o.s. down the road if I start to miss the granite, or get something newer and Wimpy becomes the pos.

Navigator

Chicks Dig Body Damage
    - Kevin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast