Thread: 02 Front end noise..opinions wanted

02 Front end noise..opinions wanted

2002 4runner Sport
    881/906 OME combo
    265/75/16
    124,000 miles

I recently purchased some new tires and since i have quieter ride i have noticed a clicking noise from the front left side of the runner. At first i thought it was a rock in the tread but after cleaning the rocks out the sound is still there. I have had two shops look at it and it has left them scratching thier heads. (Taking it back in the morning to have them tear into it.) Breaks are fine and the dust covers are not rubbing. We even checked the wheel caps just incase. The noise starts at about 20 mph and gets slightly louder as you approach 45 mph. I just noticed the noise but my old tires were loud and could have been hiding it. It sounds similar to a large rock in the tire treads but has a metalic click. Any thoughs or similar issues?

I was thinking wheel bearing? CV's seemed ok but who knows....
    Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks yota junkies!
    <><
    Gilby
    02 Sport (Sporticus)<br />881 / 906 OME Combo, 275/65/16 Faulken High Country AT&#39;s, Syntheic Fluids,Brembo / Hawk Combo and two car seats for the future wheelers<br /><br />2010 Highlander SE- Wife&#39;s kid transporter.<br /><br />1998 Tacoma- 2.7 liters of fury...after that is pretty plain and stock

Navigator

Re: 02 Front end noise..opinions wanted

my best bet would be wheel bearings or cv joint bearings.. especially if the noise is proportional to the speed you are travelling.
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

wheel bearings, betcha. Grab wheel and shake it side to side-play=bad.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Thanks guys! She is up on the rack and he is checking it out now. I would take the wheel bearing diagnosis over other costly possibilities!
    02 Sport (Sporticus)<br />881 / 906 OME Combo, 275/65/16 Faulken High Country AT&#39;s, Syntheic Fluids,Brembo / Hawk Combo and two car seats for the future wheelers<br /><br />2010 Highlander SE- Wife&#39;s kid transporter.<br /><br />1998 Tacoma- 2.7 liters of fury...after that is pretty plain and stock