Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2000 4runner

Navigator

Re: 2000 4runner

i believe especially into the 2000's the catalytic converters were different. CARB is a biatch..
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    Brian I can run your VIN through our system to verify its Cali spec, but it should be
    thanks but im not sure its a big deal
    Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    i believe especially into the 2000's the catalytic converters were different. CARB is a biatch..
    what is CARB? what is so special about CALI inspections? in RI and MA we plug the car into the machine and if the OBD2 readiness monitors are completed successfully then your emissions are within spec and you pass emissions part of inspection.

seeing as though my truck has an A/F ratio sensor and had 2 cats originally im sure its cali spec. also just about every nissan i work on is cali spec. im gonna double check this since you got me all second guessing myself
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com

it is a big deal.

carb, california air resource board. they are the governing body over emissions in the state, and are nothing short of Nazi SS officers. a few states use their rules for cars, and require california emissions, but im not sure if that was in place in 2000.

look under the hood at the emissions sticker, it should say CA or California or the like. having 2 cats' is a pretty good indication of Ca emissions, but the state wants the sticker there...

scuba, i believe it can be (my only research is on a vehicle with less than 5k miles, which california assumes is "new" even when its a 2001 model year), however the likelyhood of it actually passing the smog test is questionable.

i would not bring a non cali-spec vehicle into california to try to register it. its just not worth it.

for you brian, that 2000 highlander is sought after, so you really should figure out whether or not it is appropriate for california. it will make any potential cross country sale that much easier.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

ill check the sticker tomorrow but id be really surprised to find it isnt caliproof. just about every car is cali emissions. maybe not old shizzle boxes but late 90's +

dont feel all special because you live in cali and all your cars have cali emissions stickers under the hood i dont think ive ever seen a car with federal emissions

ok so my 2000 and my 1998 4runners emissions stickers both say that they conform to cali specs for that model year, just FYI and since you guys drive the same junk out there im sure its fine

i replaced the alternator today, no more whining noise someone should buy this soon or im gonna keep it haha

Navigator

do you have it posted on other forums also?
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

it was on other forums yes. but it has just been sold. watched it drive away for the last time! so sad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12