Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Pismo Jamboree (Sept. 24th and 25th, 2011)

Re: 2011 Pismo Jamboree (Sept. 24th and 25th, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonH
    I think we have our firewood situated (1/2 cord)

BTW this is our Tow vehicle (Ralph's) for the toy hauler. DOnt make fun of it if you see it sitting in the camp LOL. We will have plenty of toyotas there. Im also towing Ralph's Truggy behind my Tacoma.

well we are just 2.5 days away till we drive up to pismo we are well prepared again this year and will have good eats through out the weekend and as you can see a crapload of firewood that we scored on craigslist for free cant wait to be able to relax and bullsh^@ around the fire

Drive safe everyone!

Ralph

Picking up some firewood either tonight or tomorrow morning. Washing the truck tomorrow after work, and picking up a wide spray WD-40 can. Packing up thursday night and leaving on friday at 5-6am!
    1992 Toyota 4runner SR5 4x4 3.0 V6 5 Speed - It's Modified.

[img width=800 height=600]http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab64/MaK92-4RnR/4Wheeling%20Trips/Pismo%20Beach%20California/Part%202/IMG_0959.jpg[/img]

[img width=800 height=600]http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab64/MaK92-4RnR/4Wheeling%20Trips/Pismo%20Beach%20California/Part%202/IMG_0960.jpg[/img]

Packed for pismo! just need to pack food, clothes, drank, flags the trasharoo and the igloo! ( water jug )
    1992 Toyota 4runner SR5 4x4 3.0 V6 5 Speed - It's Modified.

HEY i'm just curious....

as a complete newbie... what does "make sure your rig is ready" mean for a Pismo trip? This will be my first and I'm just now beginning to plan it... I know I'll need a flag & whip & cooler full of beer, but for the dunes... what things do I need to do to my rig? extra air filter? oil change? It's pretty much stock except for a few mods... and I just had new tie-rods put on as well as a new Idler arm & high-output alternator. What should I do to her today and tomorrow before I leave San Jose for Pismo?

any last-minute suggestions?

-Tom
    &#39;92 Runner SR5 3.0 4x4 (mfg 11/91) bought 4/07 in Portland, OR<br />fire engine red<br />128,000 original miles as of 09/2011<br /><br />The BEST mod was garaging it in California, rather than Michigan.<br /><br /><br />Mods: ISR &amp; Deckplate mod; Downey 1.5&quot; rear lift with spacers, new springs &amp; bilstein shocks; Pro-Comp steering stablizer; 750W inverter with power strip; ProLock anti-theft, Pioneer deck w/tweeters, rear door speakers, rear 12&quot;s; Hilux Altimeter/tilt gauge (wired into the climate control light); Magnaflow exhaust (cat &amp; muffler); Garmin GPS; Thule roof basket w/Hella Lights, SDORI brass Idler Arm bushings &amp; IFS frame brace, solar panel &amp; Optima yellow top.&nbsp; 10.5x31x15 Toyo Open Countries on original alloy rims; cryotech rotors with hawk performace pad

Taco and Truggy are packed and ready to go!!! Meeting Lance (Goodtimes), Ralph (Wildhorse1966), Paul (HBMurphy), Marlon (SIRMarlon, aka the picture guy), and Nick (lighterNick) in San Fernando tomorrow morning to caravan. We should be on the beach by 12 (Lowtide) to make sure the toy hauler gets out there OK. Bringing all my recovery gear plus have a winch if anyone gets stuck, give me a holler (in the dark blue taco or red Truggy). Have a safe trip up everyone!!! See you guys on the beach.

-Brandon
    07 Tacoma DC 4WD. Fully Locked and armored. Bunch of other stuff too.

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by umtomcat
    HEY i'm just curious....

as a complete newbie... what does "make sure your rig is ready" mean for a Pismo trip? This will be my first and I'm just now beginning to plan it... I know I'll need a flag & whip & cooler full of beer, but for the dunes... what things do I need to do to my rig? extra air filter? oil change? It's pretty much stock except for a few mods... and I just had new tie-rods put on as well as a new Idler arm & high-output alternator. What should I do to her today and tomorrow before I leave San Jose for Pismo?

-Tom
    Be sure you have an accurate tire guage.. you'll use one. If you have tire-deflators, bring those too. Otherwise, sounds like you are all set. The only other thing is if you have any areas of rust, or exposed metal, the Dunes WILL make the rust worse.
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Looks like you all are going to have a blast! Wish I was out there this year.

HEY i'm just curious....

-Tom
    It would be a good idea to pack along a shovel and tow strap. Top off with fuel before heading on the beach.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Other than what you mentioned, if its a 2WD lower your tire pressure after the entrance (pay booth). Tow strap and showel will come in handy like Dan mentioned and a full tank of gas so you don't have to leave the camp site to get gas.

Other than that follow the speed limit (15) on the beach as you arrive and leave. Dunes have no posted speed limits.

HEY i'm just curious....

-Tom
    -Jc1996 SR5 4WD 5SPD 4RunnerStock till 213,000 milesSonoran SS rear brake line|Sonoran diff drop|Sonoran Panhard drop bracket|SAW 2.5 C/O's|OME891-N86|Magnaflow 24|Deckplate Mod|Trueflow Airfilter|BruceTS Rear Bumper|Airaid MIT|Shrockworks Front Bumper|Trail-mart 67 sliders

some year i will make it out to pismo
    just because you&#39;ve always done it that way doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not incredibly stupid.<br /><br />1999 4x4 SR5 4runner<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 081.0

.... thanks, guys. I picked up a tire deflator from 4WheelParts today for $20... it is an ARB deflator copy-cat. And I have a shovel & recovery strap. Now I just gotta pickup the beer & food and I'll be ready to leave tomorrow!
    &#39;92 Runner SR5 3.0 4x4 (mfg 11/91) bought 4/07 in Portland, OR<br />fire engine red<br />128,000 original miles as of 09/2011<br /><br />The BEST mod was garaging it in California, rather than Michigan.<br /><br /><br />Mods: ISR &amp; Deckplate mod; Downey 1.5&quot; rear lift with spacers, new springs &amp; bilstein shocks; Pro-Comp steering stablizer; 750W inverter with power strip; ProLock anti-theft, Pioneer deck w/tweeters, rear door speakers, rear 12&quot;s; Hilux Altimeter/tilt gauge (wired into the climate control light); Magnaflow exhaust (cat &amp; muffler); Garmin GPS; Thule roof basket w/Hella Lights, SDORI brass Idler Arm bushings &amp; IFS frame brace, solar panel &amp; Optima yellow top.&nbsp; 10.5x31x15 Toyo Open Countries on original alloy rims; cryotech rotors with hawk performace pad

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast