Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 20110312 night clawhammer run

Re: 20110312 night clawhammer run

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162
    i guess a little more trail description is needed. steve would you say there was just four main obsticals with only two of them requiring tactics? two waterfalls are the real main attractions. first one that gave me trouble was severely dug out above so the break over angle was harsh.
    the second one was also dug out above and high centered steve. there is an alternate line but its tippy toeing on rock peaks to maintain clearance. i think a few good rain storms will fill in the holes and make the trail alot easier. it has alot of cool lines, but also alot of the hammers style loose rock/sand in spots where you want traction lol
    I wasn't counting the obstacles. I was just driving. I should have followed my gut and gone left when instead I went right and fucked myself.

Quote Originally Posted by YotaGirl
    Sorry I missed your call on Saturday night. Joe and I were just getting off of Sledge at that time. By the time we got back to camp all we could think about was getting dinner going. I didn't check my phone until after nine.

It sounds like you guys had a good time out there.
    No worries!
    Yea we had a decent time. Up until I broke, that is. Took us 2-3 hours just to make the last 100 yards of the trail because winching was slow going. I almost tried calling you again and asking if you guys could come to the top of Claw and pull me up 'cause troy couldn't get around me.

3 wheel drive SUCKS.

Hope to see you next time, Jennifer!
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

cross posting for steve-o :P

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba View Post
    Went out with troyboy162 last night and had a good time heading up Clawhammer.

First 2/3rds of the trail was good.
    Near the final ~ 100 yards of the trail I ended up getting high centered and couldn't go anywhere. I ended up breaking something in the front end. Had to get winched here and there and since Troy and the winch were behind me, the snatch block got plenty of usage.
    We ended up getting out okay. Took us about 5 hours to get out. I didn't get home until 5AM ish. After the WrenchTech event, that was a long day.

Troy busted his corner light

High centered, couldn't reverse, and rear diff was on top of a rock...

Last edited by troyboy162; 09-25-2013 at 02:04 AM.

man that front end thing was weird. you asked 2 seconds before if all wheels were spining and they were, then suddenly it wasnt.

Navigator

that is weird.. i hate front diffs..
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12