Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SOLD!!! Extreme Aire air compressor with custom under hood 3rd gen bracket

SOLD!!! Extreme Aire air compressor with custom under hood 3rd gen bracket

SOLD!!!

I'm selling my ExtremeAire 12 volt Air Compressor. It's works perfect and has only been used a couple of times. It's been painted white to match my 4Runner. I was very happy with this compressors performance but I had to remove it to make room for my on-board welder.

http://www.extremeoutback.com/product/8/ExtremeAire+12+volt+Compressor.html

Tech Specs:

- Continuous duty cycle
    - 3/4 horsepower motor
    - 30-amp draw at 35psi
    - 40-amp draw at 150psi
    - 4 cfm free flow rate
    - 150psi max working pressure
    - Can be mounted upside down
    - 14" long, 6" wide, 9", tall

I made a bracket that is a complete bolt-in for a 3rd generation 4Runner. This kit requires an Optima yellow top side post battery. The bracket is two piece for easy removal of the compressor, studs and nuts are welded to allow for super easy installation and serviceability. Bracket is powdercoated and includes all nuts and bolts for installation.

Sale includes:
    ExtremeAire Air Compressor
    Custom Brackets for 3rd gen 4Runner
    Heavy duty Relay
    100 Amp Circuit Breaker
    Copper Battery post extension

Price $425 shipped
    Located in SF Bay area

Additional pictures here:
    http://gallery.me.com/traviswbeach#100041

Re: Extreme Aire electric air compressor with custom under hood 3rd gen bracket

Would you be willing to sell just the bracket? If not what about making another? Scotiac here on the board already has the compressor but wants a bracket.

Oh and I see you have a supercharger, so does Scott. That was something we were wondering about when we were looking under his hood. I'll send him the link.

Hello! Mike pointed out this post... been gone a while. Yes, I would be very much interested in just the bracket. My compressor works just hunky dorey, so I'm not interested in that bit, but I'd definitely love to work a deal.

Let me know if we can work something out! I'm in Sacramento, so close enough not to matter!

Edit: Just occurred to me... I've got pictures of your mount that have been on my computer for years as a model that it *could* be done, and I've never had the time/wherewithal to get one fabbed.
    Scott
    2017 blue 4runner ORP / Shrockwork sliders, RCI skids, and a small pile of not-yet-installed bits.
    (Proud recipient of $22,000 in damage within the first five months of ownership. Darnit.)

Scott I looked at the picture gallery to check out the mount. It looks very nice and intricate. I think fabbing one from scratch would take some time. If the OP has plans for it maybe we can build one.

Re: SOLD!!! Extreme Aire air compressor with custom under hood 3rd gen bracket

So did you buy it Scott? I'm thinking no.

Macgyver, did you fab the bracket? If so do you have a mock up or plans for it?

The compressor went to someone else, and the bracket and the ownership of the patents went to Scott. He'll be the one to copy it from.

Freakin' yeah! thanks Macgyver!
    Scott
    2017 blue 4runner ORP / Shrockwork sliders, RCI skids, and a small pile of not-yet-installed bits.
    (Proud recipient of $22,000 in damage within the first five months of ownership. Darnit.)

You're welcome! I was looking at the picture album and I saw that I used a battery mat under the Optima. It's 3/16" - 1/4" thick and I don't have it anymore but you'll need something that thickness under the battery for everything to line up.

Quote Originally Posted by Macgyver
    The compressor went to someone else, and the bracket and the ownership of the patents went to Scott. He'll be the one to copy it from.
    Heck yeah. Congrats Scott. Without that compressor in the cargo area you've got room for another puppy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast