Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Will we see a new Tacoma in 2012?

Navigator

Re: Will we see a new Tacoma in 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_4runner
    Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    Jamie you sure about that?

Youtube: Chevy Duramax Tie Rod FAIL
    Yep I'm sure, those are the tie rods, not the CV's giving out (very common issue).

......and here's the fix for it:
    http://www.exaxt.ca/steering_assembly.asp

I have it on mine and it's bulletproof.

Ok back on topic.
    not all of those were tie rods.. a few were snapped IFS components (one of the last ones looked like the a-arm broke), but most were tie rods.
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    not all of those were tie rods.. a few were snapped IFS components (one of the last ones looked like the a-arm broke), but most were tie rods.
    The last one you can see the tire turn in (tie rod) and then the CV blew apart because of the extreme toe-in angle/torque.

The point was simply that just because it has IFS doesn't mean it's not HD.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

I guess we will not see a new Tacoma in 2012 is what they're trying to say.

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by fenrisx
    I guess we will not see a new Tacoma in 2012 is what they're trying to say.
    ya i think we made that point at least :P before going off topic
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

"Toyota is reportedly working on a refresh for its Tacoma mid-size pickup, according to a report from The Wall Street Journal. The refreshed Taco will debut in October, as part of the automaker's plan to debut many all-new or refreshed vehicles this year. In addition to the Tacoma, the Camry and Yaris will also receive substantial overhauls for the new model year.

Bob Carter, group vice president and brand manager for Toyota, says that the 2012 Tacoma will keep the same engine and frame, but will have a new exterior design, as well as an updated interior. Currently, the Tacoma is powered by a 4.0-liter V6 that produces 236 horsepower and 266 pound-feet of torque.

Additionally, Carter states that the Tacoma will receive new entertainment functions, and as we reported earlier, the automaker's new Entune infotainment system will be part of the offerings. We'll have more details come October"

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/07/28/t...uck-this-fall/

And, I also ran across this picture today.

It is supposed to be a new Tacoma, but I dunno. It looks more like a Nissan to me, even the doors look the same as the current model Frontier. It looks too small to be a Tacoma replacement.

-Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Lets hope that is actually a Frontier.

Sorry guys, the steering wheel is on the wrong side for that to be a US vehicle.

Also, this thread has all the info on the 2012
    http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2196854

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

*Keep in mind guys that Toyota likes to heavily mask their R&D rigs, so more than likely in all honesty those doors above are indeed Nissan. In other words, manufacturers regularly go out and buy their competitor's vehicles to do research and tear down on. It's not too hard to rip off a set of doors from a Frontier and weld up the door hinge and latch assemblies, right? Even better, slice the panels off the Frontier's substructures and make bracketry to tack them over the existing panels.

~Yes, that's a Hilux they're using for that deal there, the U.S. one has a different front undercarriage look.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba
    Sorry guys, the steering wheel is on the wrong side for that to be a US vehicle.

Also, this thread has all the info on the 2012
    http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2196854
    Awesome, thanks or the link!

I didn't notice the steering wheel on the right side. After seeing that pic of the front, this looks a bit like the Hilux sold overseas. Makes me wonder if the Hilux and Tacoma will now be identical.

Chevy HD Silverado, Peterbuilt, and Ford ambulance in the background make me think that picture was taken in the US. Lines on the road are also consistent with US roads.

I'm surprised there haven't been any images leaked. Not much longer till the upgraded Tacoma goes on sale.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    Makes me wonder if the Hilux and Tacoma will now be identical.

Chevy HD Silverado, Peterbuilt, and Ford ambulance in the background make me think that picture was taken in the US. Lines on the road are also consistent with US roads.

I'm surprised there haven't been any images leaked. Not much longer till the upgraded Tacoma goes on sale.
    Nope, looks more like Dubai or someplace in the Arab Emirates.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast