Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FireFox 4

FireFox 4

Is finally released.

I'd used a few of the beta versions in the past, but ended up solely using Chrome. While the wife uses FireFox 3.whatever.

I downloaded the official release of FireFox 4 yesterday though, and might use it instead of Chrome. Both seem to work equally as well. I just like the idea of using the Mozilla product more than Google. I have this fear that Google will one day be the President of Earth.

Re: FireFox 4

Quote Originally Posted by fenrisx
    I just like the idea of using the Mozilla product more than Google. I have this fear that Google will one day be the President of Earth.
    Likewise - I just don't trust Google with the amount of data mining and info that they have access to. I don't even like using gmail, but I've had it as my professional contact for a while . . .

I've been using the Firefox 4 Beta for a few weeks and maybe only had it freeze up on me once or twice - I don't see why I ever used IE
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

i love it, been using it since monday (the day before it came out it was on their FTP servers)

the only bothersome thing is the 2 clicks it takes to get to my bookmark list, instead of one... other than that, its perfect.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

it's SO great. Only reason I really have stuck with FF for the last couple years was that their add-ons can't be beat.

Safari and Chrome extensions are limited in comparison.

I LOVE 4 so far, app-tabs are the greatest thing ever.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

I've used Chrome ever since I got my laptop, and I don't have problems with it... so I figure if it ain't broke, don't fix it. :P I will say I loathe IE though.
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

Quote Originally Posted by fenrisx

I downloaded the official release of FireFox 4 yesterday though, and might use it instead of Chrome.
    I switched from Chrome to FireFox mostly for the "mouse gestures" add-on. It's very handy; I hope the new version supports it.
    2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4-Dub<br />TRD supercharger,&nbsp; Toytec Coilovers, OME 890&#39;s, 285 Duratracs

I'm going to have to try the new version tonight. I've been having issues with really slow page loads on the current version of FF.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by corax
    Likewise - I just don't trust Google with the amount of data mining and info that they have access to. I don't even like using gmail, but I've had it as my professional contact for a while . . .
    Yeah, I use GMail too... and like the way it works. Though.. for the reason stated above I'd like to change. I want an Android phone.. but again.. I'm weary.

Do most of the current plugins work for version four? im using forecast fox, ad block, etc.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

those 2 work.

I found only 1 that didn't, which is woot watcher
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast