Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FireFox 4

Re: FireFox 4

ChatZilla doesn't work either.

now the bigger question-did they fix the memory leak?
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by CJM
    now the bigger question-did they fix the memory leak?
    You mean the memory leak that they have been saying they'll fix since version 1.5? i doubt it.

(i will preface this by saying i havent tried FF4 yet) I dont like Firefox anymore. It has gotten really inefficient for web browsing. I used FF back in its original beta state, all the way through 3.0. Recently however, Mozilla has been trying to cram too much crap into Firefox, which has made it a rather slow browser (very far cry from its original intended purpose). Personally, Chrome is the most efficient browser out right now, its simple, light on resources, and FAST. Anymore i think i almost prefer the new versions of IE over FF..
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

I just got FF 4, its good no issues. Still eats memory like you wouldnt believe (I have 14 tabs open and its eating 209,000k) but its much faster.

What keeps me coming back to FF is the apps and add ons you can use and the simple interface. I dont trust google, not with the data mining they do and forget IE-always issues with that junk.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

The new IE is supposed to be good as well. I think between IE9, FF4, and Chrome.. you can't really go wrong. Other than the issue with Chrome and the chat on this forum.

Navigator

Chrome = the only one of that list that fully supports html 5. My friend is a web developer, and his html5 markup was having issues on all the other browsers, so he had to go through and change it all to old school html.
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12