Thread: My 4Runner, before & after

My 4Runner, before & after

As some of you know, I got Bob's old PP springs & a new set of Tokico Trekmaster R/T's. I finally got the stuff installed a few weeks ago when I was in Georgia visiting my family, and until today I didn't have any pictures.

I intended on parking the truck exactly how I had it in my 'before' picture, but unshoveled snow prevented me from doing that. I don't remember my exacty 'before' measurements. I'm pretty sure my rear was 35 1/4, and the front wasn't quite at 35. now the rear is between 37 1/4 and 37 1/2. The front is roughly 36 1/2 to 36 3/4. I haven't done the alignment yet though, and I was parked on an incline.

I definitely like that little bit of extra height they gave. Highway speed ride is much improved, ad low speed is equally as rough as my old shocks/springs. Plus, no more rubbing when I turn into parking lots. I've been THINKING about putting my running boards back on.. Although I like the look of them off now, more than I did before. I wish I had some Duratracs, the Firestone Destination AT's don't look very aggressive at all, but for $500 (265/75s) I can't complain!

Before:
    [img width=800 height=600]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4146/4839842484_d41bb0dd24_b.jpg[/img]

After:
    [img width=800 height=600]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5251/5562276493_a8a1bbb93d_b.jpg[/img]

Navigator

Re: My 4Runner, before & after

looks good
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

That's how it should've looked from the factory!
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Looks good and definately how the factory should have made them (that's why I lifted mine to).

The Duratrac's look awesome and are good year round (have the snowflake symbol so they run a softer compound on the tread), as a consequence they are also louder on the highway than your current tires and you'll probably lose about 1-2 MPG running them.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Yeah.. definitely how it should have been from the factory. I mean.. 99 tall springs are really close to this height. I *think* RonMAIDEN from T4R is higher than me with his 99 coils in the front, and just *barely* lower in the back. I think he said he was at 37 on all corners. I just sent him a PM to verify.

-edit-> He said new they were right on 37, now they're right at 36 on all the corners. That's with 265/75's as well.

I heard I'd lose 1-2mpg with the Duratrac's which is a bit disappointing, but well worth it given how good everyone says they are.

it does look good unfortunately the manufacturers cant make vehicles the proper heights because someone will roll it over and sue
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com

Thanks for the compliments. I'd planned on adding a Magnaflow exhaust (stock is rusted out), but now I have to get my tie rod end (hopefully not steering rack) fixed... and I lost my job, lol. So, that's on hold.

I like the look of a 3rd gen with a mild lift; one that sits level like yours.

For what it's worth, I have a 2.5" lift and 265/75R16 tires and I generally get 1 mpg better than the 16/19 mpg EPA rating.

I'm usually at 16-17mpg(mixed driving). Highway I get 18-22'ish (MN to GA trips).