Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Psh.. whats a Raptor?

Navigator

Psh.. whats a Raptor?

This looks way more fun than a Raptor

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/vw-...g-3-2011-03-30
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Re: Psh.. whats a Raptor?

Saweet - while I don't normally find that much exciting in the VW line, this was my favorite vehicle in the last Dakar. I may need a cold shower . . .

Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    Psh.. whats a Raptor?
    Like the Velociraptor, it's a tire from WTB also available in the 29'r size. (Velociraptor is the souped up Ford, I keep expecting Mark Weir to hit them up with a Cease and Decist suit, or at least a complimentary trail rig for IMBA trail days.)

**Cripes, is that roof duct big enough??

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    **Cripes, is that roof duct big enough??
    It scoops air for some kind of cooling duty. The engine pic shows a radiator up front so I'm not sure what it's for, but you can see the cooling fan just in front of the spare tires

Man, that thing is sweeeet!
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by corax
    It scoops air for some kind of cooling duty. The engine pic shows a radiator up front so I'm not sure what it's for, but you can see the cooling fan just in front of the spare tires
    Probably the transmission cooler. The cooler on Milton's race taco is bigger than the radiator. Auto trannies make TONS of heat when used for high speed desert racing.

I wanna see one of these in person, then take it to the dunes

(Shane - WTB makes good tires, i actually run a Weirwolf as my front tire
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Velociraptor is the souped up Ford
    ...really?

http://www.ford.com/f150raptor/
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    Velociraptor is the souped up Ford
    ...really?
    http://www.ford.com/f150raptor/
    http://wot.motortrend.com/unstoppabl...ower-9084.html
    Go big and that’s what Hennessey will set you up with. To very near double the output of the already-powerful 6.2-liter V-8, Hennessey doubles the turbos, then adds two. With a pair of snails hiding behind the front bumper feeding a pair of intercoolers behind the grille, the tuner from Texas can set you up with 810 horsepower at 5100 RPM and 745 pound-feet of torque at 3300 RPM. You’ll even get a fully built engine, custom tuning and upgraded transmission to go with that turbo kit.

If that’s a bit too ridiculous for your sensible tastes, a 605-horsepower package is also on the menu. Skip the heavy-duty engine build and you’ll still net nearly 200 horsepower over stock and a full 622 pound-feet of torque to go with it. If forced induction isn’t your thing, Hennessey can always set you up with some unpressurized go-fast parts that’ll get you 475 horsepower and 485 pound-feet of torque.

Read more: http://wot.motortrend.com/unstoppabl...#ixzz1I8hcO074

Very interesting.... I would like to see the reliability of that Hennesy package, but it looks like it is putting out some serious numbers...
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast