Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Psh.. whats a Raptor?

Re: Psh.. whats a Raptor?

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    Velociraptor is the souped up Ford
    ...really?

http://www.ford.com/f150raptor/
    *O/T Advisory, this is the one thing that kept me reconsidering my wanting a GM, and why I posted elsewhere the HD Concept Rigs..

2010 Hennessey Ford F-150 SVT Raptor VelociRaptor 500 on Top Gear US
    Top Gear - Best America's 4x4 Truck part 1/5

^ I didnt like that comparison at all, they didnt take trucks that really were reliable to begin with.

You wouldnt want one of them old chevys anyways, if you think the body rot on an old toyota is bad you aint seen nothing yet-oh they also like to rot off and break the mount on the frame where the steering box is. no thanks, ill stick to a ford or a toyota.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Sure the Touareg looks cool, but it'll cost what, $100k? $150k?

I'll take the Raptor Supercrew, high speed fun for the whole family and all your gear (but strap it down!)

[img width=800 height=600]http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad79/AKStevo/Found%20Off%20Road%20Dead/DSC02048.jpg[/img]
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Brian, I drove one myself today after realizing that the sealant Chevy puts on the frames is just soft waxy crap..the lifted Silvy they had showed where the DSI people had used a lift pad, peeled right off the spot. I could peel off sections with a fingernail..weak. I was more than impressed with the Raptor, but still have to sit on whether or not to use that expense for home stuff or a new house. So, comparatively what you get for $45k it looks great when compared to the GM..that said I took out a hard to find 2011 TRD Edition Tundra CrewMax and beat on it. Did the same with a 4Rnr Trails Edition..both of which were funny b/c the sales guy kept asking why my face looked so familiar. I didn't bother to tell him why.

Back on-topic, also drove a Touareg, since the dealership was right there..meh, decent, but still a car. Daddy needs hisself a body on frame truck or a Runner..all I'm sayin.

*Marc (CJM) go ahead and smile at me now.

^

Sok man, just remember one thing-drive what you want, just dont come crying if it breaks down and someone told ya so lol

Also Im an opinionated, biased jerk-off and Im willing to admit it.

Not a problem man. The Tundra TRD T/X is pretty sweet, but the F-150 us a proven machine, the Raptor adds to it. My family has a background w/ Ford dating back to Grandpa, so I know to keep options open.

That said, you chucked the T100 yet?

Marc..... you have been quoted for posterity. (check my sig)
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    Marc..... you have been quoted for posterity. (check my sig)

Wow, I thought I would've at least made that list too?
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    ..I am an asshat at times...

Keith, here's your answer?! :)

So, I drove two of the FX4's today, with what I can get one of these for..
    2011 FX4/5.0 w/ 6speed

I can either upspec said FX4 to the 6.2 with the iron block, or goto this..
    2011 Lariat/6.2 w/ 6speed
    [img width=800 height=533]http://www.4wheelsnews.com/images/news/11459/2011_ford_f-150_lariat_limited.jpg[/img]

..which is within $3000 of this..without the need to spend that amount to throw on a lift kit, tires and wheels on a FX4 or Lariat..
    2011 Raptor/6.2 w/ 6speed, no graphics package, mostly de-badged, all black interior
    *The thing that bugs me is I'd so want it the nice cloth interior b/c kids destroy upholstery. But then again, with that spec, it'd all clean up anyhow, or I pay someone to clean it for me..but an insurance nightmare most likely..
    http://bp3.ford.com/2011-Ford-F-150?...AB.AWD.SVT.%5D

So to answer Corax's original question, that is what a Raptor is, and what it's for! Namely, my next dream build, we'll see if I can save enough up to throw out cash-dolla-dolla.

Do note, I seriously would likely get the thing in the white, that way when I go acting all stupid busting out in pure hoonage style, all anyone can do is call the highway patrol, or police and say what??

"This guy in a white and black Ford just went tearing past me!!" **

LMFAO..b/c we all know what's all over the roads these days..

**No I don't drive like that now, nor would I ever consider it, especially the way my back is now.

Haha Chris lol..

Norcal I actually decided to keep the T100. All I need is a rear axle and it should be ok (or so Avy/YotaFun and I think). That dont work I had enough. Still got my F250 that needs work, but I just like 15-16mpg city vs 12mpg the F250 gets on a good day.

I rode to long trying to figure out why the truck vibrated and it turned out to be a bad shaft/bearing. Replaced and was better but went bad again b/c the axle tube isnt round anymore. Otherwise I dunno, doesnt make sense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12