Thread: OT: JavaScript

OT: JavaScript

Gives me headaches.

I'm taking JavaScript this semester (along with Java II, and a DB Design class). The JS teacher uses the same format for all his classes, and I have never liked that format since the first class I had with him. He doesn't use a book, he has his website where he's typed up his own book (essentially).

I found the way he explains things, and the examples he uses, aren't that helpful & at times cause things to be overly confusing. I knew that coming into this class, and instead of buying a good book that would help me, I decided to save the coin & take my chances just using his site. Bad idea. I know there are tons of resources on the web, but I've found that I do better with a real book.

I went from really wanting to learn JS, to not looking forward to learning JS at all.

Re: OT: JavaScript

If you are going to work with web applications then Javascript is a really important language to learn. It is quite a bit different than Java since it is a dynamic language, but that allows you to do use some pretty cool things such as closures. Post or drop me a PM if you run into any issues.

- Matt
    2000 4Runner Sport / 4x4 / 5spd / E-locker / SS 1.2 / 265x75x16 Bighorns / ARB Prado / HD-SKO

Re: OT: JavaScript

Yeah, I really do want to learn JavaScript beyond the really basic stuff. Thanks for the offer, if I run into anything that really gets my head banging against the wall, I might take you up on that.