Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CA Knife Laws

Re: CA Knife Laws

I think that you don't have enough hobbies and you should consider making your own knife. I've been looking into it and it looks pretty fun, but I just haven't had much time.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

LOL!!!! I've actually researched some of that I found a cool site on how to make some sweet neck knives using hack saw blades and I think we've all seen the sites on how to make knives out of leaf springs....

Really, what I want would be something like the Ka-Bar and have the sheath have a long top so that it hangs low on my hip and thus isn't hidden by my untucked tshirt.
    My signature

Kydex is really easy to work with.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by CJM
    Theres much better stuff than the ka-bar out there. Gerber LMF series is my pick, rugged, HD and great steel.
    I have a Gerber LMF and it's an awesome knife. However, it's too heavy and bulky for EDC and the sheath isn't great for EDC either. In order to remove the knife with one hand, you have to wear a leg strap with it. Otherwise, it takes one hand on the sheath and one hand to remove the knife. I don't mind wearing it with the leg strap out in the wilderness, but I don't feel like wearing a leg strap and a big black knife and sheath for EDC. I have mine strapped to the back of my bug out bag in the 4runner.
    My signature

Guy I used to know had a little black smith shop set up in his yard. He made knives out of leaf springs. Pretty cool stuff.

I've got a leaf spring machete that was made by a guy in the Philippines. Works well.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12