Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spring Cleaning in the Garage

Spring Cleaning in the Garage

My father-in-law gave me the go ahead to clean the garage up. This involves throwing a lot of things on CraigsList. It's funny how you can price something cheap on Craigslist, and not get a single bite. Then throw it over to the free section, and get flooded with emails.

I put up a treadmill, and then immediately went to post a china cabinet. Before I even finished the china cabinet listing I receieved 3 emails for the treadmill! Since yesterday I got rid of the treadmill, a china cabinet, tractor tire, and a 10ft oak wall shelf.

Now, I'm in the process of listing 2 vintage Pepsi vending machines, a 1940's television, and a few odd pieces of furniture.

Hopefully it doesn't rain too hard tomorrow, and I can get a lot of space freed up! It'll be nice to be able to park in the garage/and work on the truck in the garage.

Anyone else have a garage you can barely walk through?

Re: Spring Cleaning in the Garage

That oak board if a 1" or 2" thick piece could easily have fetched $200. The Pepsi machines and tv even if needing work go for about $300 easily a piece.

I don't have a garage anymore, I have a spot for all the shit we only use when we think of it. When we buy a bigger place someday I'll have the same, and a spot for where my wife and daughter store all the shit they've added in so they can hide all their extra shoes..

*Worked enough auctions over the years..and the wife hates how I nail offered prices on that show "Pickers".

oh man, you don't want to see my garage!

It's only a single car so working on the rig is pretty much impossible even if it's empty, but it was only empty for the first hour of us living here, lol.

I get it almost clean, then another wave of "stuff" moves in.

Craislist is still maturing up here, but freecyele gets a lot of use. I just scored a monster snow blower today! (I gave it to a friend who was borrowing mine this winter )

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

The shelf was probably an inch thick for sure. I had it listed at $10 with no interest, then lots of interest when posted for free. It was handmade too by some family member of my father-in-laws girlfriend. He just wanted it gone. He was going to chop it up, and I was like 'I'll throw it on Craigslist and save you the trouble of doing anything."

The TV is an Emerson Model 637.. late 40's. They aren't really going for much.. this one is in rough shape too. I found a thread where someone got one delivered to their house for $50 (in better shape than the one we have). I've got it on for $15 now.. Again, father-in-law was just going to throw it away.

Going to try and get $100 for the one Pepsi machine, and $50 for the other. They're in severe need of restoration, and are non-working. https://picasaweb.google.com/CodyH23/PepsiMachine1# (PepsiMachine2# is the other). The short one is an Ideal Slider 55, and there's a few on eBay right now in working condition with 160$ BIN's. I listed it at $100, but I'd be happy getting $50 for it honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Erich_870
    oh man, you don't want to see my garage!

It's only a single car so working on the rig is pretty much impossible even if it's empty, but it was only empty for the first hour of us living here, lol.

I get it almost clean, then another wave of "stuff" moves in.

Craislist is still maturing up here, but freecyele gets a lot of use. I just scored a monster snow blower today! (I gave it to a friend who was borrowing mine this winter )

Erich
    Nice... If I hadn't lost my job a few weeks ago, I'd be looking to trade some of this stuff... I thought about trying to trade the pepsi machines for maybe a decent belt driven garage door opener, or a snow blower. Maybe trade some stuff for some metal shelves for the garage.. just need money more at this point.

We're going to be going through more stuff tomorrow. There's about 10 rubbermaid bins of Dolls that my father-in-laws gf has out there. Then we've got an old kiln & old craftsman table saw that belongs to his exwife.. plus a tone of stuff that belongs to his brother. It's all going if they can't come get it.

Only a few more big items left. 1 vending machine, and 2 display cases (like a bakery or cafe would have). Still a lot of small stuff to go through. We moved a lot of items yesterday though.. put a free pile in the alley & put that on Craigslist. Most of that got gone.

Going to start listing baseball gloves on eBay today probably. My father-in-law has around 400 gloves. They aren't doing to well right now (going for way less than their book values, but he just wants to get some out).

Garage looks 10x better already!

Your thread motivated me to get some more work done on mine this weekend. I returned some materials not used in home projects and had enough in store credit to pick up another shop light and more materials. I added some more shelves and moved some other stuff around too.

The two kiddos slowed me down, but I got a little done. The weather was really lame this weekend so most of my work was in doors.

I may post pics someday...

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Haha, that's cool. I'm ready to have ours finished. Plus my father-in-law just picked up an air compressor. Now.. I don't have any tools for it, but maybe one day.

OT, but what's of value in old tube TVs? My neigbor and I both had 2 older TV's out, and someone came by and smashed the back of 'em, and I'm assuming yanked what they wanted from them.

Me, I'd seriously need to figure how to use the vending machine that's in the worst shape to make myself a meat smoker!! Then I'd use something else to make yourself some wanna-be lawn chairs or benches outside and we're set..

Yes folks, a bit redneck, but I am a visionary with the shit I come up with.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast