Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spring Cleaning in the Garage

Re: Spring Cleaning in the Garage

I've got just about as much shelf space as I can fit in this little garage. I'm in desperate need of a tool organizing expert, lol!

Hey! That's what they need on HGTV, a show with a guy who works with the husband to get his garage all organized, from a mans perspective. No redecorating and picking out new window coverings. I want to know the best spot to put my bench grinder and have a spot for my face shield or a charging caddy for my cordless drill!

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Until HGTV gets back to me about my idea for the new show, I've found some really great photos of peoples workshops on Instructables.com (I love that site! )

Here's one with lots of good examples of how to organizes tools and supplies: http://www.instructables.com/id/The-Workshop-1/

Erich

-Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

I pretty much only have my big roll around toolbox, and two metal shelves, and a big cabinet in the garage, and everything else is Mrs. Rocko's. my toolbox has all of my tools in it, obviously, and my shelves have all my spray paint and oil and miscelaneous stuff. My cabinet is full of guns and ammo.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Reminds me of my workshop. I have one in my basement in a 10x16 room I closed off. Got 2 tables on the far wall, a rolling table with shelf storage, my 26" toolbox packed to the gills, stuff piled in a few spots, one of them cheapo steel shelves full of power tools, pegboards with woodworking tools on them-think you get the idea.

The smartest thing I did was to put all my mechanics tool (the good/better ones at least) in a toolbox. This way I can keep the space needed down (the guy with the pegboards was nuts lol), lock them away and I can easily see if somethings missing. The rest of the tools on the pegboards work out well too.

Garage has shelves I made full of junk, every fluid known to man, sprays, etc.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123