Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concrete driveway maintenance/light repair

Concrete driveway maintenance/light repair

My driveway has a fairly small, localized area where the surface is beginning to erode.

Close-up:

I noticed after taking the pics that sand and aggregate, most likely from these holes, is littered across the driveway. Here is a list of thirteen products I find at my local Ace Hardware, ranging from Quikrete in a caulk tube to 10# bags of mortar mix. What should I use to keep the damage from getting any worse?

And while I'm at it, is there a product I can use to reseal the expansion gaps between slabs of concrete in the driveway? There used to be a caulk-like substance there but much of it is gone as well.

Thanks!

Re: Concrete driveway maintenance/light repair

Do you have power lines or such that run across your driveway?

My signature

Under it? Likely. There are underground utilities in the neighborhood and the underground boxes for cable, electric, water and sewer are only a few feet past the grass you see in the top pic. Why do you ask?

I actually meant over it. I've seen damage like that just from water dripping off power lines, eaves, etc...
    My signature

None of the above overhead. My first thought was "I wish Chris lived closer; I would pay him to repair my driveway and tile my bathroom." We could go wheeling more often too.

I'll call a concrete contractor friend of mine tomorrow and ask him what to use. With the right product, it should be easy for you to fix without a ton of special tools.
    My signature

Fly zone for the airport? Buddy gets that when they (Jets and C1's practicing touch and go's) dump off just North of Moffett and it's from the solid additive they use, stuff looks like salt crystals and eats away paint and cement like no tomorrow. It's how come I now have "salt burns" on my Runner's roof. *Luckily no "blue ice..yet.* Toxic Bird poop? Like, as-in birds eating out of salt laden estuary's have salt infused poo?? The flexible sealant stuff is available at pool supply and maintenance stores. Common name I remember I think is durathane, used it to seal our loose window panes and parts of the roof in Mexico last month. Then there's the two part mix stuff, deck-o-seal that lasts around 4-5 years depending on climate, etc.

Don't try using any epoxy, this was a waste of time and looks bad after just 4 months..I think it was from the algae or lichen we get here. If I power wash it every 3 months it slows it down.

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike
    My first thought was "I wish Chris lived closer; I would pay him to repair my driveway and tile my bathroom."
    Or he could tile your driveway!
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

^Seen that in Chapala, looks sooo sweet! *How do you not break them though?

Can he tile my 4Runner? I think my 4Runner would look good in a nice porcelain tile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast