Thread: Goal Zero Guide 10

Goal Zero Guide 10

So through a series of fortunate events, I just scored one of Goal Zeros new products for use this summer. It's smaller than your typical piece of paper and unfolds to reveal the two solar panels. Everything connects with either USB or they even have the female side of a cigarette lighter connection like in your car. It's super small and lightweight and came with the rechargeable battery pack with 4 AA batteries. They want me to take it with me down to Peru in three weeks and give it the works, so I am pretty excited about that.

You guys should check them out, they're a great group of people and a fairly new company. I'll put some pictures up later.
    -Casey-<br />94 4runner 4x4 SOLD<br />99 4runner Limited

Re: Goal Zero Guide 10

that sounds cool! do you know the stats?

Here's a link to the kit: http://www.goalzero.com/shop/p/79/Gu...nture-Kit/1:1/ I haven't had much time to mess around with it, I just set it out on the floor in my apartment with the window open and plugged in my phone...and it worked haha. They also gave me two of their luna lights which are very bright and plug in via the USB port. Definitely worth getting lost trying to find their office.

no stats on there page...but sounds good. it deffinaly looks better then most similar products in that price range.

What stats are you looking for? Most of them are covered in the Technical Specifications tab on the page for the kit @ the link above.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

cool didnt see that but i was looking for the output of the panel it self. they have the voltage but not a typical amperage in sunlight. i guess its a wash since the system is made to charge the battery back and then use that to power things. pretty cool product though

Casey, this thing is pretty cool. Let us know how it holds up for you and how well it works, charge times, etc.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162
    i guess its a wash since the system is made to charge the battery back and then use that to power things. pretty cool product though
    It isn't used just to charge the battery pack. It's got a DC input and USB port on the far right panel of fabric (the black part above the pocket).