Our old ass Dell computer recently bit the dust (we knew it was coming soon), and I had itunes on it but it was working with all my music being stored on an external hard drive. I remember it was pretty easy to transfer the music and set it up so that any new music went to the new location on the external hard drive.

Well, now we have a new computer that I just installed itunes on and I can't figure out how to get it to use my music folder on my external hd. I went to the advanced preferences and changed the music folder location to my music folder on the EDD but that didn't seem to do anything. How can I make this work? I have almost 40gigs of music on my EDD and would like to be able to access it with itunes and share it on my home network. Please help! Everything I find online is for macs or for transfering your itunes library to the EDD (which is what I did on the old computer).

Any help would be appreciated. I kind of have the feeling that I'm going to have to import all 40gigs into itunes and do all the same steps I did before on the old computer. Seems like there should be an easier way..