Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bud Built armor question

Re: Bud Built armor question

Quote Originally Posted by 91ToyTrck
    I was wondering how you connect all the pieces of the Budbuilt together? Weld or Bolt?
    Bolt
    1987 Toyota 4Runner<br />Specs Here: 4Runner Page

I figured but wanted to make sure ... thanks
    &#039;91 Pickup ExtraCab V6 5spd

i run the front skid and x member from budbuilt, great product from a great guy thanks bud
    1994 Toyota 22re<br />englbldr rv head, OME torsions, BJ spacer, Dual downey shock kit, fiberglass fenders, 33x10.50x15 BFG mudders, LCE header, LCE VC,flowmaster muffler

how come you chose not to run the belly-plate to connect the two together?

how come you chose not to run the belly-plate to connect the two together?
    i dont think it is needed the front skid runs to the rear of the a arms (that's where all the important stuff is)
    1994 Toyota 22re<br />englbldr rv head, OME torsions, BJ spacer, Dual downey shock kit, fiberglass fenders, 33x10.50x15 BFG mudders, LCE header, LCE VC,flowmaster muffler

I was wondering how you connect all the pieces of the Budbuilt together? Weld or Bolt?
    Bolts baby Bolts!

Aaron
    I can, because I don&#039;t know that I can&#039;t.

I'm calling Bud tomorrow to see if he recieved the bellys so he can ship all 3 pieces to me. I wonder if they come with bolts? I know I have to purchase the bolts for the Sonoran Steel IFS Trruss.

For the Budbuilt stuff, you reuse your crossmember to frame bolts, everything else Bud provides.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Currently on a thread on another board I showed my install and needed to add some hardware that worked better, also I forgot to remove the stock t-case skid guard prior to install which made it vibrate bad. Well then it started to vibrate in reverse so then I added a 3/16 or so piece of flat steel with length of 23" and hole drilled at 17", 11 1/2" and 6" so that to match his pattern for the rear. Then I loosened the bolts and inserted my spacer so to speak and I will let you know how it turns out.

Aaron
    I can, because I don&#039;t know that I can&#039;t.

wow. I haven't ever heard of anyone having any vibration problems, but that's an awsome fix to the problem. I really need to get a house with a garage so I can do things of this nature too. Do let me know how it turns out and maybe you could mention it to Bed and he could add the spacer or make it an option if this kind of problem occurs to others.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast