Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what size lift

what size lift

i have a 2002 4runner sport 4x4 it is all stock and i am wondering what size lift i need to run 285 70s.

Navigator

Re: what size lift

First of all, 285/70 16 or 17?

you will get a different answer from everyone.. it all depends on how much you'd be willing to chop/clearance your wheel wells.
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

16s... i wantin to keep it as factory looking as possible

265/75/16 is doable without lift I think I remeber

285/75/16 needs a bit of pounding on the pinch weld with the addition of a small body lift

you will also need wheel spacers or wheels with a larger backspace to not rub the UCA's. if you are going with a 285 tire...
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

thats true, but its not too bad depending on the tire. only rubs under full droop so asuming you are not desert racing you can get by on the cheap with stock rims. Steve your 255/85/16 didnt even rub did it?

255 shouldn't rub because its a significantly narrower tire ( over an inch)
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

thanks guys i have been lookin at leveling kits but havent really found anything.. would i be able to run 285s with a leveling kit

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by yota runner
    thanks guys i have been lookin at leveling kits but havent really found anything.. would i be able to run 285s with a leveling kit
    short answer, yes. But you will have to at least pound the pinch weld on the wheel wells flat, you may have to tub. But it is definitely possible, i have seen 35's on non-lifted (or very small lift) trucks with trimming.
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

yup thats it. stock or 4 inch lift...the wheel wells determin the size tire you can fit during flex. 1" body lift makes 33" fitting alot easier but with some more pounding you wont need it.

http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.ph...6&topic=8902.0

top picture shows the pinch weld for 33" with 1" body lift. i see i cut the bottom of m fenders too...not sure if that was needed or not

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast