Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: first mods

Re: first mods

i dont really understand the "leveling kit" our trucks already sit virtually level. any rake in the trucks is designed to compensate for loaded cargo areas.

something like the ones mentioned on this page: http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/96024rundstrlift.htm would be pretty good. not my cup of tea, but for bang for buck, they are probably pretty good. i have no experience with them, or second or third hand accounts either.

they are another excellent source for accessories, and come highly recommended!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Get this:
    http://www.sonoransteel.com/index.ph...&products_id=5

and call it good. It sounds like you're after a look more than performance. With the '99 lift you get both without going hack and you'll be money ahead in fuel, tires and fewer worn/broken parts.

You don't need to do anything to keep up with a Colorado. Those are low-hanging fruit in the truck world. But if you've got some money burning a hole in your pocket, I have some ideas. My 100% all-time favorite looking SUV (regardless of manufacturer) is a 3rd gen 4Runner with fender flares (the smaller plastic or larger painted ones), with 3/4" wheel spacers, stock 5-spoke wheels, 285/75R16 (33") tires and a Sonoran Steel System 7.2. They look great and are quite capable.

Next in line is the System 3 linked above. Run 265/75R16 tires and you'll keep your fuel mileage and have a great looking and functioning package.

Finally, there's nothing wrong with a stock 3rd gen, they are easily more capable than most other SUVs out there.

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike
    Finally, there's nothing wrong with a stock 3rd gen, they are easily more capable than most other SUVs out there.
    quoted for truth. A stock 3rd gen can out-wheel a lot of other trucks even when mildly to moderately built.

Does your sport model have the e-locker? if not, a rear locker will DRASTICALLY increase your off road ability, and your brother with the Colorado will never be able to keep up with you :P
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

If you want a mild setup then you can try what I did in my signature.

If you want to go a little higher, then go with a Sonoran Steel 7.2 lift:
    http://www.sonoransteel.com/
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

i found a daystar 2.5" lift kit for front and rear for 160 i think i gonna try.. any1 ever tried this kit

im sure alot of people have. i traditionally like daystar products, i think they have some good engineers over there.

no one from this site has it that i am aware of.

for that price, you really cant go wrong. i think you will be as pleased as possible with it.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie81
    Your first and best mod should be a good set of all-weather floor mats. Protect your investment!
    that was my first "mod" I got a nice set of Husky Liners, my second mod was an OBD scanner, I have an Ultra Gauge.

I would also stay away from spacer lifts, everyone that has ever used spacers eventually gets rid them and goes with the SS or Tundra/LC coil lift.
    98 SR5 V6 T4R 4x4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12