Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just got 358 miles on this tank

Just got 358 miles on this tank

where to start,,,,, I normally get right at 300 miles per tank of gas, thats both city and highway driving, fully loaded, with my 04 4runner V8.
    Right now Im at 358 miles and still have over a 1/4 tank to go, wooohoooo
    just thought Id share lol
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Re: Just got 358 miles on this tank

Cool! How big is the 4th gen tank?

Why are you getting so much better fuel economy now vs. earlier?

I wish I could get 358 out of my 2nd or 3rd gen.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

the most Ive ever put in it is 18G. Im always loaded with recovery gear, tools, the cargobox I made, and all the skids, I want to hit a weight scale/station to see what it weighs, but just never have lol

Sweeet...so looks like you are well on your way to 22-23mpg.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

DAMN, lucky. These gas prices are effin' killing me!
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by some_odd_girl
    DAMN, lucky. These gas prices are effin' killing me!
    Tell me bout it.. i just drove almost 1200 miles in the last week >.<
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Wowzers. I was upset just driving to my parents and back this weekend haha. $73 to fill up on Tuesday and $60 tonight didn't even fill me up. I swear, what's left of my tax return will be gone in no time at this rate.
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

Wow thats great Ric. Any idea why the increase in mileage? Local filling stations just make the swap to summer gas rather than winter blend? New tires? dump all your recovery gear, etc?
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    Wow thats great Ric. Any idea why the increase in mileage? Local filling stations just make the swap to summer gas rather than winter blend? New tires? dump all your recovery gear, etc?
    Im trying a new gas treatment, this is my first tank, they say it gets better on the second or third tank. Ive never seen this stuff before, but its been around for years, just not retail and I got my hands on it, lol Ill post more and the end of this first tank, then more again after my second tank, but so far, its looking real promising.
    Oh, Ive used Seafoam, STP, Gumout etc before, never had even close to these results, lol like Ive said, Ive never got over 300 miles on a tank, Im so excited lol

Im not sure about the summer gas, Ive been here about 6 years now, had the 99 and now the 04 for just over 2 years now so I wouldnt think its the summer gas, being never got more than 300 miles on a tank, not yet anyways, lol

Ill keep you all posted

oh and gas prices are 3.47 here (for the cheap stuff)
    and I still have over a 1/4 tank left

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast