Reduces levels of toxic emissions
    Stablizes light and heavy oils
    Has a detergent and antioxidant effect
    Reduces corrosion and increases the life of your engine
    Totally disperses water in fuel
    Improves engine starting and avoids pre-ignition
    Improves the stabilization, lubricity and detergency of the fuel
    Works with all classes of gasoline and diesel fuel
    Xp3 is a combination of synthetic resins and organic compounds. Does not contain any aromatics or naphtha
    100% biodegradable
    Improves the pour point
    Avoids fuel freezing during winter

2 oz of this stuff is supposed to do all that to a tank of gas?

I'll not say it won't/doesn't work until I see plenty of data, but I'm incredibly skeptical of this stuff.

Anyone else notice how it's funny that all these gas saving devices or additives start popping up when gas prices get high? Anyone remember the 'run your car on water' BS that was around last time gas prices got high?
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Re: Just got 358 miles on this tank

If it sounds too good to be true....

Look at the claims they make:
    Improves combustion and increases engine power
    Reduces fuel consumption
    Reduces levels of toxic emissions
    Stablizes light and heavy oils
    Has a detergent and antioxidant effect
    Reduces corrosion and increases the life of your engine
    Totally disperses water in fuel
    Improves engine starting and avoids pre-ignition
    Improves the stabilization, lubricity and detergency of the fuel
    Works with all classes of gasoline and diesel fuel
    Xp3 is a combination of synthetic resins and organic compounds. Does not contain any aromatics or naphtha
    100% biodegradable
    Improves the pour point
    Avoids fuel freezing during winter

2 oz of this stuff is supposed to do all that to a tank of gas?

I'll not say it won't/doesn't work until I see plenty of data, but I'm incredibly skeptical of this stuff.

Anyone else notice how it's funny that all these gas saving devices or additives start popping up when gas prices get high? Anyone remember the 'run your car on water' BS that was around last time gas prices got high?
    I was very skeptical myself, thats why I bought a couple bottles, I didnt want to be the type to just say, it dont work, or it cant work, etc etc without trying it for myself.
    All these so called gas saving devices, treatments etc are always here, they are always being marketed, you just see them more when gas prices go up.
    Ive even seen now a Japenese company, is making a car the runs on H2O, they are looking for a manufactor to produce them, this was posted on another site: H2O Car - Water Powered Car
    As far as whats in XP3, I couldnt tell you, Im no chemist lol but seriously, what does Seafoam "claim" to do ? Most everyone here, has used Seafoam at some point, Ive used Seafoam plenty of times, but never seen or noticed any increased in mileage, ever. I can imagine the skeptism Seafoam had when they went public.
    I will continue to post my results (good and/or bad) as Ive still got a few more bottles, maybe 4 more tanks worth of this stuff.
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

A H2O powered car does not make sense. It is impossible to use H2O as a fuel and have any net gain of power. You can split H20 into hydrogen and oxygen, but the laws of thermodynamics make it such that you cannot get any more power from burning the hydrogen that it took to split the water in the first place.

Here's more info on that company:

Genepax Water Energy System

In June 2008, Japanese company Genepax unveiled a car which it claims runs on only water and air,[22] and many news outlets dubbed the vehicle a "water-fuel car".[23] The company says it "cannot [reveal] the core part of this invention,” yet,[24] but it has disclosed that the system uses an onboard energy generator (a "membrane electrode assembly") to extract the hydrogen using a "mechanism which is similar to the method in which hydrogen is produced by a reaction of metal hydride and water".[25] The hydrogen is then used to generate energy to run the car. This has led to speculation that the metal hydride is consumed in the process and is the ultimate source of the car's energy, making the car a hydride-fuelled "hydrogen on demand" vehicle, rather than water-fuelled as claimed.[26][27][28] On the company's website the energy source is explained only with the words "Chemical reaction".[29] The science and technology magazine Popular Mechanics has described Genepax's claims as "Rubbish."[30] The vehicle that Genepax demonstrated to the press in 2008 was a REVAi electric car, manufactured in India and sold in the UK as the G-Wiz.

In early 2009, Genepax announced they were closing their website, citing large development costs[31].

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for increasing efficiency, I've just seen so much BS in this arena that I tend to dismiss any extraordinary claims. That being said, if I'm provided evidence (MPG's before and after, HP readings before and after, etc) then I have no problem believing in the product.

Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

I know I seen it somewhere, something about Fuelly.com, anyways I signed up there to track this stuff, BUT I will do my best to post here (good or bad) also you all ROCK, heres the link: http://www.fuelly.com/driver/ric

Lets hope that this stuff continues to work.

Over there, are you going to be tracking miles per gallon? Or still just sticking with the more vague "miles per tank"?
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    Over there, are you going to be tracking miles per gallon? Or still just sticking with the more vague "miles per tank"?
    check it out, it does MPG, It gives Total Fuel-ups,
    Avg Miles/Fuel-up, Avg Price/Gallon, and Avg Price/Fuel-up

I know it's only been just a bit over a week, but any updates on MPG numbers?

Ive never really worried about "MPG", I worry moreso how many miles out of a tank Im getting, just never been much into details, Im a easy/simple guy lol
    but yes, if you want to know that actual MPG, go to the link Ive posted, it will tell you what the MPG are

haha, I hear ya!

I'll keep an eye on that link, thanks!

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by Ric
    Ive never really worried about "MPG", I worry moreso how many miles out of a tank Im getting, just never been much into details, Im a easy/simple guy lol
    but yes, if you want to know that actual MPG, go to the link Ive posted, it will tell you what the MPG are
    Ric - i know there is a way to post that in forums, ive seen people use it as a signature before.
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast