Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Just got 358 miles on this tank

Re: Just got 358 miles on this tank

^Exactly why I asked and had concern w/ the product explanation. I'd hate to blow a newer engine b/c of a fuel additive. Then again, I don't run any additives, except moving up to 91 octane for 2 tanks in a row every 10000mi. I know on my 3vze and even with the 5vze if you run too clean a fuel for too long (like 91 octane for months and months) the injectors start to rattle b/c they're "too clean" as was put in a tsb. Not sure how it'll all play out w/ the newer stuff though.

What TSB was there on the injector?
    I never have heard of such a thing for the 5vze in the 4Runner...

ive never seen that tsb either.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

We found it (the info/bulletin) using general problem terms/description after my injectors started making noise post rebuild on the upper end. I'd been running 91 octane for the first two months post-rebuild. Something like the higher clean rate removed too much of the lubricants from the check ball area or some techno-babble like that. I now only run 89 most times and it's never come back and I've changed nothing else.

Shane, you think you could pull up that TSB for me, I am having issues finding it.
    I have never had injector noise issue but that was 100K ago when I bought the truck and was a young stupid kid thinking 93 was going to boost power....

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric
    Using the treatment everyother might work, but from my understanding, this stuff works by dispersing the water in the gas, making it burn cleaner, I dont know, lol
    I do know that my milegage is getting better with every tank, it has to top out/level at some point lol
    *Not to get too geeky or ignant here, but by dispersing the low H2o content, it inevitably collects at the bottom of the tank. I'd be curious of the long term implications of dispersed H2o rusting out my tank, me I'd rather it go through the system in low content form than collected drops.
    The ethanol present in 99% of the gas sold will suck it up and disperse it evenly throughout your fuel. That's why I laugh whenever I hear people talking about "Gas Dry" or other such products - they're just dumping more alcohol into a tank that's already 10% alcohol
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

So I thought we had something interesting going on here. Did it dead end, fizzle out, or what. If that stuff is really as good as its claims is anyone else using it now?
    Let's hear some updates.
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678