Thread: What's a fair price for 5 star rims in good condition?

What's a fair price for 5 star rims in good condition?

I should start by saying that this is not a "for sale" ad, I'm just trying to determine what they are worth.

Last year I replaced my stock rims with a set of FZJ80 wheels and now I have the stock 5 star rims from my 2000 sport sitting around doing nothing. At this point I've decided to definitely keep the LC rims, so I might as well sell the 5 stars. Any input on what a reasonable asking price would be for these (no tires included)? I think I remember seeing them in the in the $300 range in the past.

Just so this thread isn't too boring, here's a shot of the rims.

[img width=800 height=539]http://www.blankwhitepage.com/gallery/albums/t4r_pardoes_20100918/IMG_1171.jpg[/img]

Thanks for your input.

- Matt
    2000 4Runner Sport / 4x4 / 5spd / E-locker / SS 1.2 / 265x75x16 Bighorns / ARB Prado / HD-SKO

Re: What's a fair price for 5 star rims in good condition?

300 seems pretty fair.

i sold my 6 spokes for 100 last year, i priced them to sell because i had no need for them and they were taking up space. they are less desirable than the 5 spokes, so you should be able to get 300 for them. you can always put OBO on it, and if people dont want to pay 300, they will tell you what they do want to pay.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Around $200-300 would be a good selling price to move those rims.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Ive seen these actually sell, for about $100 each, and Ive bought one from a salvage yard in KC for $120
    Ive seen people "asking" as much $250 per wheel, pretty sure they didnt get that.

Ive also noticed when it comes to wheels, it seems to go in spurts, seems theres times of the year people want these, and times you cant "give" them away.
    Ive seen people trying to sell these and get no bites, then Ive seen and picked up a full set for FREE cause they couldnt sell them, lol
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

I paid $300 for my 5 spokes about four or five years ago. I would say $250-300 if they are in good condition.

I've seen them for sale recently for $175 on CL.
    98 SR5 V6 T4R 4x4