Thread: Charter email problems (can receive mail but not send mail)

Charter email problems (can receive mail but not send mail)

So we recently got a new computer and I set up my charter email account on Windows Live Mail and it was working just fine for a week or so. Then we moved and now I can not send email through charter.
    All my other email accounts that are setup through Windows Live Mail still work great, but it's just the charter one that's being a bitch. Nothing has changed in the settings, it simply just doesn't work anymore. It's not that big a deal since we will only have this email account for a little while longer, but I was hoping to be able to email my contacts on there to let them know my new email addy. Also, it just bugs me when stuff just quits working for no reason grrrrr....

My signature

Re: Charter email problems (can receive mail but not send mail)

Here's the error I get:

The connection to the server has failed.

Subject 'Fw: 5 pm monday'
    Server: 'smtp.charter.net'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
    Protocol: SMTP
    Port: 25
    Secure(SSL): No
    Socket Error: 10060
    My signature

might have to call charter on this one and have them manually remove your old IP from their systems.

i had a similar thing happen where a new computer would not connect to the broadband internet because the server still had the IP addy of the old computer stuck in it.

thats my only suggestion. it sounds silly, but who knows with these companies...
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

yeah, plus now I can't even log in directly online. I can't seem to remember my password (or they're being douches and aren't recognizing it) and I get locked out after 4 attempts. I want to just redo the setup on my windows live mail, but I don't want to until I know I remember my password.
    My signature

yeah ive never used any of the services from our provider. always just used gmail and other such clients so its accessible around the world, and im not changing addresses each time we change service. sounds like a phone call to tech support is in order... sorry.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    yeah ive never used any of the services from our provider. always just used gmail and other such clients so its accessible around the world, and im not changing addresses each time we change service. sounds like a phone call to tech support is in order... sorry.
    thats me too.. i used an email from verizon for about 2 months when we first got verizon dsl like 7 years ago.. then i got a gmail and never looked back :P
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock