Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Prez's Press Conference regarding death of Osama Bin Laden.

Re: Prez's Press Conference regarding death of Osama Bin Laden.

Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    -Yes Obama ordered the strike, but no he does not deserve as much credit as he is claiming.
    I agree, but that never stopped a pres from claiming undue credit before. For example:

At least something was actually done this time
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Separating all emotional issues with the current, or former, president, Osama is dead. Both had their parts in this, to say otherwise is ignoring facts. We can squabble over who did what, and whether they had more or less to do with the end result, but it doesn't change anything, OBL is dead. I'm glad he's gone, and this is a welcome bit of good news in an otherwise (relatively) crappy time for the country.

This country has become so incredibly divided, that an event that should make us all be happy that he's at least gone is yet again becoming a political issue.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Navigator

Completely agree Oly.

Oh i forgot to add one other thing i thought of:
    - to all people saying BS, and calling shenanigans, there is no way they would release all this without absolute proof that Osama is dead. Doing so would be absolute suicide for the American government - If Osama was still alive and they released video of it, there would be absolutely no credibility left whatsoever in the government (which already doesn't have a whole lot)
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

The longer they wait to release photos, the more time they have to doctor of photos
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Quote Originally Posted by Ric
    The longer they wait to release photos, the more time they have to doctor of photos
    Who would doctor the photos and why?
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

I dont know why, but if he is really dead, why not just prove it..

If photos can be doctored, then why assume what is released proves he's dead anyways?

If al queda, et al say he isn't dead, then I'll eagerly await the video of him holding a news paper claiming he's dead.

If he's not dead, then proving that he is alive is a very, very easy thing to do. Not to mention the absurdity that the feds would say he's dead knowing he isn't. I'm not a trusting guy of the federal government, but critical thinking leads me to believe that he is indeed dead. This is because there is no way possible that if he's alive, that:

1. He'd not try to prove the US government wrong by releasing another video

and

2. The US government has the capabilities to suppress any AND all video(s) that he'd try to release.

It just wouldn't happen. If OBL was alive, he would post a video, and it would get out, and the feds would be caught in the lie. I don't doubt that with any part of my being.

Maybe he is alive and he'll release a video, but my question to you is why would the feds lie about him being dead, knowing he isn't? What is the benefit in doing so, and what is the benefit in possibly having a monumental negative impact to the credibility of the US government, the military, etc?

I can't think of any beneficial reason that the feds would have to lie about this.

Navigator

i still completely agree with you Oly - i came to the same conclusions upon critical thinking.

If the plan was to doctor photos to "prove" Osama is dead, a decent graphic artist would have had a completely accurate, believable photo within hours..

The reason i think they will not release photographic evidence (if it even exists) is that we dont need to give the extremist Islamic groups any more material with which to martyrize Osama.
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

just heard on the news, "photos will NOT be released"
    I just find it funny, no photos, and a burial at sea, all within what 8 hours?

just heard on the news, "photos will NOT be released"
    I just find it funny, no photos, and a burial at sea, all within what 8 hours?
    Just so I am clear here and don't feel so stupid about all of this..

We're talking about Osama still right, not Jimmy Hoffa?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast