Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Prez's Press Conference regarding death of Osama Bin Laden.

Navigator

Re: Prez's Press Conference regarding death of Osama Bin Laden.

Quote Originally Posted by Ric
    just heard on the news, "photos will NOT be released"
    I just find it funny, no photos, and a burial at sea, all within what 8 hours?
    burial at sea was because no country would accept his body.. and it was done quickly for the same reason, we didnt want his body either :P
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Its perfect actualy. back to old school government work where you get told after the fact. no need for civilian or liberal input on anything...its done and handled. this is a nation to be feared by its enemies again and i love it!

sorry guys, I dont believe half the crap out gov. "tells" us, esp. this president.
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

also heard that he was buried at sea so that there could never be a shrine built at his burial site
    My signature

Navigator

- Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Ric
    sorry guys, I dont believe half the crap out gov. "tells" us, esp. this president.
    everything i have ever been taught, in all disciplines, both in the traditional education system and throughout my entire life in this world, has all directed me to question everything others say.

from the simple "your turn signal is on, that means you are turning.... no you're not, you just left it on..." situations, to "we landed on the moon in 1969", i question everything. i look for things like, who tells us this information, who is there to make sure its correct, where is the money coming from and who benefits from the belief that this is true.

most of the conspiracies out there, i dont buy into. we landed on the moon, elvis is dead, kennedy was probably shot by only one person. others im not so sure about.

the reasons i called shenanigans are many. i understand not releasing photos, i do not understand disposing of the body so quickly. alot of the facts look like they arent quite adding up. personally, i believe hes been dead for a long time. he was having kidney dialysis 3 times a week 10 years ago. it is likely that he died long ago. and ultimately, i dont trust anything the government has to say. im not talking party vs. party. i just dont trust ANY of them, especially when they say "trust us" and provide evidence that i can manufacture in my home office.

if indeed this is all true, on the up and up, kosher, etc. then great. the SEALS did a spectacular job of executing the raid, and getting rid of the most wanted man in the world. i dont think it changes much ultimately. the wars will still continue, the organizations will still be a threat, etc. all we have done is to piss them off, but hopefully confuse and fracture them into a less effective organization.

either way, having osama's picture plastered all over the news reminds us what happened nearly 10 years ago. for better or worse.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz

if indeed this is all true, on the up and up, kosher, etc. then great. the SEALS did a spectacular job of executing the raid, and getting rid of the most wanted man in the world. i dont think it changes much ultimately. the wars will still continue, the organizations will still be a threat, etc. all we have done is to piss them off, but hopefully confuse and fracture them into a less effective organization.
    That's pretty much my thought, Sean. Another person will just take his place, and hopefully it's not someone worse. And we're highly likely to have pissed them off, hopefully not enough to retaliate.
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

Navigator

oh there WILL be retaliation.. the real question is how effective those retaliations will be, and how effective our defenses and intelligence is.
    - Kevin

Sean's logic explained thusly..

These are not the...

"I ain't buying that sir."-Sean IOW-"if you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything."

I admire that in people, so long as it's delivered in proper form. Good post man.

Quote Originally Posted by some_odd_girl

That's pretty much my thought, Sean. Another person will just take his place, and hopefully it's not someone worse. And we're highly likely to have pissed them off, hopefully not enough to retaliate.

Saddam-Osama-Kim Jong. 'Nuf said.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast