Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: California emissions values

Navigator

Re: California emissions values

apparently your 4runner likes being supercharged... it runs significantly cleaner.. haha
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Your threshold (pass/fail) values are only marginally higher, probably due the slightly older age of your 4Runner than Bruce's and mine. But one thing is certain, my non-California 4Runner pollutes way more (because it has less smog equipment) and yet I have to meet the same stringent requirement. I anticipate it will start causing me problems next time I have to smog it since I am nearing those threshold values.

Just supercharge it and buy yourself a few years. Problem solved, my bill is in the mail.

Emissions package: Federal
    State in which you live: California
    Vehicle purchased brand new in: Arizona
    Year of smog check: 2011

Test | RPM |%CO2 | %O2 | HC Max | HC Meas | %CO Max | %CO Meas | NO Max | NO Meas
    15 mph 1641---14.7---0.0--------51------20--------.65--------.28------512---847fail
    25 mph 1650---14.8---0.0--------35------15--------.79--------.24------765---697pass

S/C, URD 7th, 2.2 pulley, trd headers, magnaflow cat.
    Since the test I've run some "snake oil" fuel cleaner, cleaned the MAF and throttle body, changed the oil/filter, replacing pcv, plugs and origninal wires this weekend. New upstream O2 sensor should be here by Monday. Hoping to retest next week.
    Josh

Ah ha, another Federal Emissions truck imported into CA...thanks for posting! So your thresholds are higher than mine, but not by much. I will get together with the CARB guys and try and get an answer on what determines threshold values.

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike
    Ah ha, another Federal Emissions truck imported into CA...thanks for posting! So your thresholds are higher than mine, but not by much. I will get together with the CARB guys and try and get an answer on what determines threshold values.
    Ah yes CARB, my arch nemesis. I've never gotten along with those folks. LOL

Ken, the test results I posted are a copy of my actual results done a few weeks before my post, so yes those are the same emission standard that your truck is being held to.

Another note..... as mentioned the cats I'm running are not considered "legal" for sale here in Calif. They are the ones I got from eBay that I posted about in another thread.
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12