Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gauge/Instrument Lights?

Gauge/Instrument Lights?

Hi everybody,

I have a 1993 Toyota 4Runner and I wanted to know if anybody had tinkered with the color of the gauge/instrument lights.

The default green is really ugly to me personally, and I really wanted to switch it to a different color.

I've searched online for days and no one really explains the process and I don't want to open up the dashboard and find out that I can't put it back together...so yeah.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!
    1993 Toyota 4Runner <br />3.0L V6 Engine<br />Manual Transmission

Re: Gauge/Instrument Lights?

I didn't change any bulbs but I put some blue indiglo overlays on my gauges. It was fairly simple to do and looks good.
    My signature

How exactly did you do that? I'm kind of a noob if you couldn't tell lol.

So where could I purchase overlays and how did you install them?

Thanks again!

I think I bought it off of ebay and I followed a writeup from another site, but I'm pretty sure the person who wrote it is a member here too.

Here are some pics of it and I'll see what else I can dig up...

My signature

That looks sick. Thanks man, I appreciate it the help.

After seeing those kits on Ebay and finally viewing one installed I may just get them in red. Problem is that I will crash due to staring at how cool they look at night. Thx for the pics.

2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs
    2003 Taco-was K.I.A. 4/31/12-RIP

Woah, nice! Thanks L33T35T Tacoma!

Just 2 questions...

1) Why did your gauges turn from black to white? Entirely different cluster?

2) How was the double-sided tape used exactly? I didn't see anything regarding indigo LEDs or bulbs so Im wondering what caused
    the actual color change to indigo.

Thanks!

First off, I apologize for any immaturity portrayed in that write-up. I was a bit younger, and a bit more stupid then.

They are white gauge faces that are applied over the existing black OEM gauges. I just looked up the person who I purchased my gauges from and he seems to no longer be selling anything. Futher research found this, however, no images of the control unit are shown. The gauges do appear to be of the same design and quality though. That specific ebay seller has a 99.4% positive feedback on 13,xxx transactions, so it's safe to say you should be good with him.

Another gauge for sale. This seller has 98.8% positive feedback on 21k transactions. Again probably safe. This one is cheaper and has free shipping too.

I definitely enjoyed this mod, gave it a nice took. I did, however, find myself normally keeping them on a very dim setting in "green" mode, or turning them off entirely. They actually are very bright and may become very distracting.

Good luck!
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs
    2003 Taco-was K.I.A. 4/31/12-RIP

Thanks for the help, but you missed the second portion of my question xD

Maybe my intuition will help..so you're saying that only white gauge faces will effectively show a change in the bulbs/LEDs on the back of the gauge/instrument cluster?

Because the only thing those faces will do is..well..change the gauges from black to white.

I appreciate your patience with me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast