Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kayaks and fishing

Navigator

Re: Kayaks and fishing

iv never fished from a kayak, but ive done whitewater kayaking.. soooo much fun! if there was a river near here i would probably have a whitewater kayak..

like this one:
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

I've never tried white water kayaking, but I'm planning on getting a kayak on the river for salmon fishing this year. Not sure whether I want to try it with my kayak, all the areas I'm planning on going are large enough to have a good size boat on, so no whitewater or anything. Hopefully sometime this week/weekend I can get out to do some fishing!
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Well, it fits on the camper roof! Far from ideal, but it'll work until I get my rack made up for it!

Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

I've fished, surfed, duck hunted and just paddled around in my green LL Bean Manatee kayak. I was looking for photos, but they are all pre-digital camera days.

I really like just slowly creeping along the shore and casting under trees and stuff. You can really get into spooky fish that way.

I also have trolled around high mountain lakes for trout running small flashers on my ultralight pole. I stuck the reel in my lap and pointed the pole out back under my arm. I've caught dozens of fish that way.

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

I've taken it out about 6 times now and dang what an awesome investment! The thing is stable enough to stand and paddle around in (like those paddle boards, but better), can go pretty quick (6.5 MPH on flat water according to my GPS), and having a fish finder/GPS on a kayak is pretty damn awesome.

My brother is currently making a kayak rack that bolts to the camper with removable mounts that run across the top of the camper so I can still pop-the-top when I get to camp and get the kayak off the rig. Should make for a nice little setup to get around!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12