Thread: Unsolicited Magazines Coming Your Way Also?

Unsolicited Magazines Coming Your Way Also?

Is anyone else getting unsolicited magazine subscriptions?
    Seems someone somewhere got our old info and has been sending unsolicited magazine subscriptions to our old residence. It's not that they aren't good magazines, Rolling Stone and ESPN Magazine, it's that I never ever subscribed anytime recently (like in over 10 years) to anything let alone a magazine.

Now they've sent both an email to our old account as well as a demand for renewal fees to the old residence.

Anyone else had this happen to them? Name of the company apparently is Publication's Unlimited, and ESPN Magazine went ahead and cancelled the issues to fix the problem, and seemed really pissed off to have to deal with this.

Who pays a fee to renew if something is unwanted and free anyhow?

If ESPN (and likely Rolling Stone) have a problem with it why do they honor the request from them to ship to us? Sounds like a scam to me.

Check out what google search turns up, a ton of complaints, plug this into search: publications unlimited sending unwanted subscriptions

I wouldn't be so irritated it's just that the retired couple living there now is bothered, *the wife offered to ask that the subscriptions be changed to nudie mags, but they didn't like that idea either , so my hands are tied.

How best to report it? I figure just go old fashioned and warn our credit card and bank, then just shit can the letters until they stop or try to file for collection then use the local small claims court to go after them.

Subject: Your ESPN Subscriber Thank You Gift

You get all of this for just $1.

Dear ...,

We would like to extend a sincere "Thank you" and demonstrate our appreciation to you for being a valued subscriber.

Please accept this unprecedented Thank You gift ...

For starters, we're adding a full year (26 more issues) onto your current subscription. That's a $121.76 value for just... $1. You Save $120.76 off the newsstand price!
    In addition, we're upgrading your account - starting immediately - to include FREE ESPN Insider access, which unlocks ESPN.com's premium online content for you. With your Insider activation you get FREE access to ESPN The Magazine for iPad.
    As always, we promise to keep delivering the photo-driven sports coverage and behind-the-scenes reporting you've come to expect from ESPN.

Simply click below to redeem your Thank You upgrade.

David Harkness
    Director of Customer Services

P.S. Don't forget to redeem your Thank You gift by responding within 7 days.

26 issues for just $1 plus FREE ESPN Insider access, which includes:
    • Rumor Central
    • Fantasy Tools
    • Picks Central
    • Draft Coverage
    • ESPN The Magazine for iPad™

Eligible Subscriber:

Account Number:

Token Amount:
    $1. (You Save $120.76!)

Terms and Conditions: This offer includes online access which requires an email address and a credit card for processing. The $1 price is valid for current subscriber renewals only and this offer is non-transferrable.
    Limit one purchase per customer.

We take your privacy seriously, to read our Privacy Policy click here.
    To update your email address status, click here.
    Please do not reply to this email, as this mailbox is not monitored.

Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc.

ESPN The Magazine, 19 East 34th Street, New York, NY 10016.
    Copyright 2011 ESPN. All rights reserved.

Re: Unsolicited Magazines Coming Your Way Also?

my mail is immediately searched for bills and the rest goes into the big blue bin outside.

i have had several letters for demand of renewal fees from magazines i never solicited. they go in the same place.

works well that way...
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Re: Unsolicited Magazines Coming Your Way Also?

Been my method so far all these years also. It's just this is the first time it's happened this way, they even sent my parents an email. I'm thinking maybe my parent's old pc they tossed out got hacked since it had a virus (we wiped it before tossing it, and wiped it beyond normal) and that's how someone got my old info. LOL.. whatever, free's free, I'll ask for the stack of mags if they're still around and use them for campfire starting or reading. There's no way I am paying for something I didn't order..let alone for something they can't even send to the right place.