Thread: Lift options?

Lift options?

New to forum and off-roading. Mostly just use my 88 4ruuner for fishing and camping. NEVER been on a trail but I want to go to the Pismo Beach Jamboree this year so hopefully I can get a lift by then.

As I was originally asking, I want to get a lift kit for my 88 4runner but not sure as to what I should get. I don't want to do a big lift or anything, want to keep it relatively mild. Mostly I want to just get rid of the tail end sag that my runner has. Any good suggestions? There is also a close Marlin Crawler shop/store here in Fresno so I was thinking about going there to get some advice as well.
    1988 4Runner SR5 V6 - Stock!(soon to be changed)

Navigator

Re: Lift options?

If you wanna talk to someone about 4runner stuff in person, the Marlin shop would be a great place to go! there are a lot of easy ways to lift your truck, but what are your plans for the truck? you may not even need to lift unless your doing it for off-road capability or looks
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Mostly just for looks. I want to get into crawling or trail but I don't think that I'm gonna be doing it often enough to go all out. I just want the truck to have a more aggressive stance than it does now. I'll post pics of her once I'm back from my camping trip.
    1988 4Runner SR5 V6 - Stock!(soon to be changed)

bj spacers in front with Old Man Emu shocks. Get the spacers here http://sdori.com and for the rear, a new leaf pack and longer shocks, but I don't know much about that since mine has coils.
    My signature

You can fit 32x11.5x15 tires on the stock wheels without a lift and they'll fill out the wheel well nicely to give you that offroad look without having to take a big step to get into the driver seat
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Navigator

i actually have a set of SDORI BJ spacers im trying to sell.. u'll still need new shocks, but then you'll just have to figure out the rear
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Re: Lift options? rides

i just bought a set of nitto terra grappler a/t's 285/70/17 for my 92 4runner. stock lift and i am running the black stock 17 inch wheels from a fj cruiser .rides great and no scrubbing . i didnt even lose any speed in 5th gear . i have a stock 3.0 5 speed
    92 toyota 4runner sr5 v6 , 74 plymouth duster project