*Since I don't have a better spot to put this right now it's going in here while I figure out the final writeup to consider putting into our Wiki. The reason that I say that is my plan here's to share what was done for this project elsewhere (Not just in Toyota Forums ) while UY's getting the "Exclusive Writeup" and thread linking so it'll draw some more people here.

Pretty basic fix I did, I simply went to the hardware store and got about $20 worth of clear tube scrap and pipe clamps. ~I'm thinking that some fuel resistant line might be a better idea since the stuff we use for breather extensions lasts forever while this stuff's already showing signs of wear and tear. I also went to my old shop and picked up some "Avid CPS Hardware" which is basically a cup and cone pivot assembly and the associated bolts for attaching any current Avid disc brake setup to a bike. You can use any v-brake pivots, but then you're still stuck sourcing the bolt and washer hardware along with the two nylock nuts necessary.

Here's how it looks as far as how I did the clamp assembly. You'l notice I threaded the cross-bars through the rack itself and skipped the mounting hardware mostly b/c that add's an additional 2-1/2" to the height of the assembly. This needed to be done for more than one reason, noise and wind drag affecting gas mileage was primary, but the second is that our garage entry's only 84" high, before the edge of the garage door hangs down. Doing this ended up giving me about 3/4"-1" of necessary clearance once I cross the breakover of the driveway allowing my to work in the garage out of the sun, erm..rain (pouring right now).

Here's the front fairing with the spacers which essentially have, along with the "Slam", allowed me to "Tune" the airflow and fairing angle to drop the noise to a tolerable level.

*A buddy and I are going to collect some of the high density impact foam the new Trek Madone Signature's come with and cut out some sectional pieces to try to stuff into the rack's tubes at the middle junction. My theory is that this will act as a "Dampener/Deadener" for the remaining vibration.

Here's what I removed..

I'll post up more info as time allows.