Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Legos!

Re: Legos!

LOL....that would be awesome! I think the guy that built those guns had some Halo guns as well. Cool stuff.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Needs more cowbell.

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    I like that 24tooth crown gear you used on the lightsaber's handle. That part usually doesn't come in that shade of grey.
    I have quite a few of them in light grey, it was the standard colour in the '70s and '80s.
    I have collected most technic sets from the '70s and early '80s.
    They are not as advanced as the modern stuff, but I was always impressed what they could do with the limited number of pieces available back then.
    2006 4Runner Sport Edition V8
    2011 4Runner SR5

Yeah, LEGO did some really cool stuff with the older Technic sets. They even made a helicopter with collective blade pitch. I don't think LEGO has done that since, although the new helicopter coming out this fall looks to have collective (but maybe not cyclic control).

LEGO changed the light grey and dark grey colors several years ago. It's not very noticeable unless you have the colors next to each other. The 24 tooth crown gear is a fairly old part and not used much any more, so most of them are the older shade of light grey. The light saber that Shane built has both shades of light grey and both shades of dark grey, with the crown gear being the newer light grey. My guess is that gear came in one of the RCX sets.

LEGO has some variation in the black color too, but that is only noticeable if you look really close and have a white light shining on it.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

This is what I still have on the shelf in the bedroom. My wife puts up with it .

I have have no room to display the rest. I guess that's the helicopter you're talking about.
    I actually have that set twice, I also have doubles of that crane, the red tractor and the bulldozer.

For a while I was really into collecting old lego through ebay. The habit has (luckily) tapered off a bit.

2006 4Runner Sport Edition V8
    2011 4Runner SR5

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234