Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: smelly car

Re: smelly car

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    baking soda?

Nah, just loan it to a frathouse friend for a week and it'll just smell of pot and beer instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    you really want to pull the carpet and do it. id suggest ditching the padding as well, since its so thick and porous, it catches everything and soaks it up. i know its alot of work to pull the seats, trim, center console, etc. but its worth it to get rid of that smell. its not only annoying but it can make you very very sick.
    Oh man, I'm envisioning what I'll be dealing with now that we have a kid, it's bad enough I'm finding cheerios every time I fold down the second row seats.

Fenrisx,

This is an easy solution albeit a somewhat time consuming job.

- go to my website 4runners.org and open the sound deadening writeup. Look at the sections that address how to remove the seats and carpet. remove seats and then carpet and wash thoroughly. you might as well wash the seats if fabric too

- new carpet padding is cheap or free if you ask nicely from the local carpet store. they always have lots of new remnant padding from jobs.

- go find some thick plastic clear sheet from lowes or other hardware store. use this as a barrier between the carpet and the new padding. that way, the carpet padding doesnt hold the water. Carpet will dry out faster

- other smell source is the A/C. Consider finding that product where you drill a hole into your condenser unit and kill the stagnant moldy shiite. i forget what its called.

I once tie wired a trout to the top of someones catalytic converter. He had to drive that car with windows down for a month
    85 4 runner that's just a little modified call TUBINGWORKS FAB FOR ANY FAB NEEDS 619 438 1160

LMFAO..thanks. Now I want grilled trout. Must go fishing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12