Thread: Grooms cake topper for my upcoming wedding.

Grooms cake topper for my upcoming wedding.

What do you guys think of this as the cake topper?
    Anyone who knows me well knows the story behind it and will probably be laughing by now...

Before any of you ask. It is a High-Rider Scale model of a 1991 4Runner I purchased a couple of years ago at Hobby Lobby. It has now been SAS'd and Linked in the front. (coming soon - bumper builds, bob, and chop top, possible even a rollcage - the goal is to make it look like my 84 Runner.)

-Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Re: Grooms cake topper for my upcoming wedding.

Haha, love it! That must have been a huge cake
    2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4-Dub<br />TRD supercharger,&nbsp; Toytec Coilovers, OME 890&#39;s, 285 Duratracs

That looks great, but it still definitely needs those dents, scratches, roof taken off and a roll bar How about a couple of buddies standing off on a second level holding a couple cans of Budweiser?

FWIW nice that it's partially home made, same mindset we went w/ ours. A friend formed the glass heart background and my mother put the array all together. We then bought the bicycle figurines and plastic swan to hold the chocolate truffel and the rest is completely handmade including the topple bride and groom. We got like 50 of the pairs to hand out as reception gifts. The fact that you're doing this shows your fiance must be very loving and forgiving, as well as supportive of your interests, congrats man!

*Some advise since talking about this made me think of something..

On the way to the wedding as well as afterwards if you travel, wrap the model and figurines well in paper and follow up with bubble wrap and packing peanuts. At some point when we were traveling back the next day our glass heart background from the toper got cracked. While I wasn't surprised or offended (the glass was a type I chose for it's color, shape and style, but extremely fragile) my wife was in tears over it.