Thread: Chaplains FUNrunner front BUMPER BUILD

Chaplains FUNrunner front BUMPER BUILD

Long story short……..

……. It was time for a prerunner bumper anyway.

Finally made some headway on a new bumper so I thought I would go ahead and start a thread as this bumper gets finished up (suggestions welcomed).
    First I need to thank some folks: Yves Braun out of Denver who provided me with the chrome-molly tubing to make it happen. John Cooley of http://www.alumicraft.info/"]Alumi Craft[/URL] in San Diego for use of his radius bender, which made this bumper unique. And mostly Jamie Campbell of http://www.raceco-USA.com"]RaceCO USA[/URL] in Irvine for bringing my vision to reality. Jamie is an artist with a welder; all the gorgeous welds you see are his, the others are mine.

Cutting it all off

I put this cross bar in and notched it to clear the a/c condenser's hardline.

The beginning of the boxed in uprights.

This was harder then it looked to make the box and the radius tube look like they grew together. The consistent angle of the radius really made things harder.

Jamie making quick work out of the MIG and laying down some art, ya he has worked for Robby Gordon, Cameron Steele, Penhall Fabrication etc. Truly a top-shelf fabricator!!

Where I'm at as of today. Just need to make a skid plate and burn some tabs on it to hang the skid and some KC HiLights. Oh and I almost forgot I still need to tie-in the top tube ends back to the frame. What do you think? Ideas to help me finish it up.

God speed,<br />Steve Hanson<br />Racers For Christ<br />Rockcrawlers For Christ<br />www.teamrfc.org<br />--------------------<br />special thanks: bfgoodrich|trail gear|cbi fabrication|total chaos|arb|sway-a-way|aem electronics|lucas oil|trd|baja racks|bassani exhaust|spidertrax

Navigator

Re: Chaplains FUNrunner front BUMPER BUILD

idk looks good to me.. only thing i'd have added is a spot for a winch
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

^ Where he's going, you don't need winches.

*Was she at least cute?

Tie in the ends by triangulating them out off of the 90 degree front face of where the mounts meet the frame if the dimpled plate isn't too thin? *FWIW I'm anal about stuff so I'll suggest purging the A/C and redoing that line to have it swing up the left side and cross right over cleaner, removing it from harm's way, consider doing the same with the transmission's hard lines down on that front crossbrace. For the A/C can just cut a piece of 2-1/2" pipe into a half round to shield it by sawing a piece of tube in half, flattening it out a little in a press, and welding on a mount tab..mine's starting to get rock dents in it.

Also while I'm thinking aloud have you checked your motor mounts yet to be sure you didn't tear one from the impact?

Made some progress on a lightbar and skidplate

The removable lightbar matches the radius of the bumper and sits behind the bumper to protect the lights for a form follows function design. Be easy on me the skid plate was the first one I've made.

Skid plate completed.
    [img width=800 height=597]http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/552046_10150678487104754_714089753_8838943_1086564 16_n.jpg[/img]
    God speed,<br />Steve Hanson<br />Racers For Christ<br />Rockcrawlers For Christ<br />www.teamrfc.org<br />--------------------<br />special thanks: bfgoodrich|trail gear|cbi fabrication|total chaos|arb|sway-a-way|aem electronics|lucas oil|trd|baja racks|bassani exhaust|spidertrax