Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shane's '95 4Runner 2wd-Auto to 4wd-5speed

Re: Shane's '95 4Runner 2wd-Auto to 4wd-5speed

We went out to the Meet and Greet this past weekend over at Tracy Toyota with the NorCal FJ Cruisers Crew. The event was for charity so we went ahead and gave a contribution and entered the raffle.

Well, guess what?

I took home one of the bigger prizes, a set of Rigid Industries D-2 Off-Road lights. The wife went up to retrieve them from the raffle counter, all the while being asked..

"Wanna sell them?"

She answered "Gotta ask my husband, they're his. " Of course for the remainder of the afternoon I fielded that question over and over, each time debating it a little bit more. In the end I am glad I said "No, unless I re-raffle them off for a bunch more contributions. I know the crew at Rigid who donated them would expect me to do what they're intended for, and actually use them."

The other night I'd mocked it all up since I managed to grab an old-school Deck-Light switch to integrate and make the dash remain factory looking. This evening I finalized placement, etcetera using the front body mount structure to enclose and shield them. Last I placed a call in to Rigid and ordered up a set of black covers as well as a set of amber lens covers.

Enough writing because there's nothing like a lifted and modified 4Runner, 4wd, 5-speed, new D-2 Off-Road LED Lights, and a wide open, freshly plowed dirt field. Too much temptation, I can't wait for my back to get better so I can really go test these out.

*Note, unedited pictures and I am about 1' off of the farmland at the edge of the road before it rolls down.
    Factory Low Beams (I'm using 60/80w bulbs).

Factory High Beams.

Rigid Industry D-2's only.

For basic night fun I run the D-2's w/ low beams, and anything darker, or faster, the D-2's w/ the high beams.

Needless to say, I am very impressed with their performance so far!

Thanks again to Rigid Industries LED Lighting for being one of the event sponsors, I love my new lights!

Re: Shane's '95 4Runner 2wd-Auto to 4wd-5speed

The covers and some vinyl came in today from Rigid so I went ahead and after raiding the local shops bracket hardware drawer really dialed in the placement of the floods in addition to the turn-signals. Yep, I was sure to grab some quick shots. Tomorrow I'll go back with some paper and masking tape and powder black the body mounts and brackets. *The light brackets are stuck there, so even if i flex the body, the lights will not budge, trust me, we tried.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12