Disclaimer: If you don't know what you're getting yourself into following the mods and procedures discussed and pictures here do the smart thing and have a qualified shop and mechanic perform them. I assume no responsibility nor does this website nor anyone within here for you're doing something wrong and injuring/damaging yourself or your vehicle.

2wd 4Runner=VZN120L-GKPGEA and mine's #260 from July 1995, by then they (Toyota Motors, Japan) were in rundown mode for the U.S. market and already making the 3rd Gen 4Runners, but the lady who bought this specific one hated the look of the newer ones so she called in a favor and ordered this up directly from Japan since they were still being carried over on the international market (South America, Africa, Middle East, Japan) for a few more years. (IIRC they finally ceased production of this version of the Hilux Surf around mid-1997.)

So what I started out with was this sweet little unassuming number that was literally used as a transport for dog and pony shows. No, seriously, she raises show dogs. ~Yes, my right rear bumper got bent the first week I had the 4Runner while out playing and getting stupid.

*A little later I did the ECT Switch Mod to move it closer to the driver, it's usually where the coin slot is. I also have the wiring mod to move it into the dash using one of the newer 1st-Gen Tacoma Switches. (Yes, I do wiring harnesses, etc., but only for friends, not a business of any sort. )

Now it's all converted over and looking like this..

Shane