Thread: Rear bumper with swing out tire carrier?

Rear bumper with swing out tire carrier?

I know this topic has been covered a lot on this and other forums, but I just can't seem to find someone who actually KNOWS how to do the fabrications locally (California). Anyone know someone or someplace where they either sell a bumper with swing out tire carrier? I've actually seen a truck with a Marlin rear bumper that had a swing out tire carrier on it but couldn't track the guy down fast enough (I was traveling home from Silver Lake) any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    1988 4Runner SR5 V6 - Stock!(soon to be changed)

Re: Rear bumper with swing out tire carrier?

http://www.banneroffroad.com/ is where i had mine made. he does all custom work so you can get what ever you want

I actually emailed Alex at 4xinnovations and he replied to me pretty quick with a price quote. For now its just about trying to sell the idea of me spending money to the girl lol.

Navigator

This guy is a friend of mine, and his shop is based in Atascadero. Similar to Banner, in that he does all custom work..

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DIRT-Designs/165344593741
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

We're building bumpers in Oakhurst. Just finishing a flatbed, exo cage, with a tire carrier on an 86 Pickup. I'll be building a new rear bumper for my 4Runner with a tire carrier soon. My current setup...

Adam

I'm still looking for a solidly made setup for a Marlin Rear that does not involve tying it into a huge upper loop or back into a body structure like on a certain red 4Runner we've all seen pics of.

*O/T maltese, I always liked the way you built yours. The camo make's it even sweeter!

[Edit]Added the old pic in.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    *O/T maltese, I always liked the way you built yours.
    Thanks! It's held up very well. I'm really looking forward to building the new rear bumper. Also, I'm going to look into a retrofit carrier for the Marlin bumpers...
    Adam

hmmm Oakhurst very close by so let me know how your build turns out. If anything, I'd rather keep work done locally that way I don't have to spend too much on gas lol