Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: PAGING EVERYONE

Re: PAGING EVERYONE

I got an idea here for the mods.

I know we have a ton or members who frankly either just lurk or don't interact at all anymore, and then there's the fake accounts "other place's" people have created along w/ the spammer accounts.

I say you do what I have to do in my everyday job, a "Market Campaign".

Put forward 5 key things that make UltimateYota stand apart from the crowd and then simply ask the following 5 key questions, and most importantly, listen.

"1. Why did you sign up in the first place?

2. Why 0 or why only X# of posts?

3. Are you still active with 4x4 Toyota's or even a 2wd Toyota?

4. Are you active in other 4x4 Toyota forums more so than here?

5. What 1-3 key things would it take for you to become an active participant here?"

Then note the following...

"Due to an ongoing attempt to better ourselves and this forum we kindly ask that you reply within a 45 day timeframe so as to keep your account active and open. Any failure to reply indicates this is not longer a valid and active account and will be subsequently deleted."

If any of you are uncomfortable with doing this sort of thing feel free to hand it over to me. I do this every single day of the week, and honestly, I am very good at it.

~Just a suggestion, let me know. This would fall right in line with a campaign I can do to bring in members. **Has vipergrhd registered yet??**

***FWIW I tend to say things like they are, most of you know this, I'd even be happy to answer the 5 questions via pm as I'm sure we all could. I'm not trying to stir the pot at all, just looking at this all objectively.

1. Why did you sign up in the first place?
    Because the SD crew from yotatech moved over here and I wanted to wheel with people in San Diego.

Not sure, there just isn't much I feel like I need to comment on and I'm not one to make too many threads.

I took a year off, but have recently became active again with Toyota trucks

-I'm active and have my build thread on Yotatech.com since I feel that it's the best forum for IFS 86-95 pickups and 4runners
    -I often lurk pirate4x4.com for build ideas
    -I rarely lurk TTORA.com and ultimateyota.com mostly because I'm bored

5. What 1-3 key things would it take for you to become an active participant here?
    -more build threads
    -more Four wheeling trips

I guess what it comes down to, I frequent car forums to build, learn and wheel, not so much socialize, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by strykersd
    ...I guess what it comes down to, I frequent car forums to build, learn and wheel, not so much socialize, but that's just me.
    Same here. Most people are like this and that why places like Justruns.com do vary well. I hope the shift from hang out to event planning/reports can happen some day.

- Definitely due to the first Pismo Jamboree I attended. It was the people that made this forum stand out. Not to knock the folks on other forums but this one seemed less the impersonal giant.

- Over the last 4 years I have relocated across the country twice for work. I had less and less time for forum surfing (or real surfing) due to starting a family and the demands of a career. In the end I pretty much had to pick like 2 forums so I picked one LC forum and one Hummer forum.

- Yes but I own an 85 FJ60 that requires tremendous maintenance and repair. I wanted something different and I sure got it. This isn't the best forum for vintage LC's. My other vehicle is an 09 H3 Adventure because let's face it. When you own an old LC you also need something that runs (and I kinda like having something where there is a lot of new tech to discover).

- Yes, Ih8mud due to all the cruiser tech. The event planning area is more active than this one.

5. What 1-3 key things would it take for you to become an active participant here?"
    - More trips. My areas of specialty are in the 1st/2nd gen yotas and now land cruisers. The tech sections of forums are sufficiently saturated with information that there isn't much more to add. I mean a vehicle only has so many parts in it and when you've discussed them all 10X time you kinda run out of new input.

- However, you can't get enough of trips to cool places. For example, I went with some Hummer friends in my H3 up Wheeler Ridge west of Bishop. One of the guys grew up there and lead the run. He knew all the history of the area as well as the area of itself very well. If you know a local area to you like that maybe you can start a trip.

-If this site became a bastion of 60 series Land Cruiser info I sure come here a lot more.

Frank
    1985 FJ-60, 3FE, Hell Creek lift, 2009 H3 sold

Um, guys, it was a figurative idea for those with even less posts than you two. Let's hear from some of the other (#200??) inactive people??

I'm afraid if I answer my own stuff I'd be

B/C I liked those I'd met that came here from another site and I was having an issue with something and someone from the other site that I later found out to be an active person on here who after being confronted with proof suddenly made a prompt exit not just from this site but the community b/c I was a mod elsewhere that person frequented and we also inspected his stuff there. Guy was a major con artist overall IMHO. I've somewhat reconciled with the person who got the brunt of my anger but still things will never be what they were.

I deleted a ton of posts out of simple strife and butt-hurted-ness immaturity on my part.

Yes, I DD mine. Nothing keeps the modding and repairing/upgrading going like California Freeway torture.

Not so much anymore b/c of strife w/ what amounts to a bunch of secret social group b.s. elsewhere, that said I still am good w/ TTORA and T4R b/c of local friends. My post counts on those don't reflect the PM or offline stuff though.

5. What 1-3 key things would it take for you to become an active participant here?

Honestly, that's a hard one to answer for me.

~Pay my house payments for me.
    ~Babysit the kid so I can get out more, I don't have to watch Father-in-law go insane w/ Parkinson's so that at least gives me freedom to post and read more.
    ~Help us re-open our El Dorado Forest access so I can actually enjoy getting out more often without the necessary hardcore stuff being my only options. *Back to the daily driver now bit.*

So, what would it take for everyone to be more active? do we need more tech? events? sponsors?

We obviously need to fix the front page, and we generally need more content of all types.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Navigator

I think events is the biggest thing. They are always fun to attend, and for those that can't make it they are fun to read about.

I've tried to become more active again, but it's kinda difficult when there are only a few others that are active with the same few threads that keep getting bumped.
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Events are a draw, but I think tech is what a lot of people look for. At least that's why I joined a forum.

What would it take to make this site show up within the first couple pages of a google search? I just did a search for "toyota forum", "toyota 4runner forum", and "toyota truck forum". UY didn't show up within the first 20 pages in any of those searches. I've always used google to find forums, and if we can get the site to pop up within the first couple pages of a google search, I think we would be drawing more members.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Hire someone to do SEO. Fixing the front page would help. Actually putting some SEO text on the front page would help even if we don't fix the actual front page itself.

SEO?

the wiki is also broken. not sure which is worse, that it's broken or that i only just noticed.

i'll see about getting some articles written up. most of my recent work has been light on the pictures, but I'll really try to correct that.

I do have some reviews I could post up soon.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast