Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 4runner roll over repair

Re: 4runner roll over repair

Quote Originally Posted by NakSuKow
    WOW!! Glad you are OK TROY. I say cut the roof and cage it. Time for a soft top. What trail? and Any video?
    Cut the roof, cage it, weld in a donor roof for the win? Glad you're ok.

if the pillers were bent it would be the only choice, but they are all straight somehow

It doesn't look that bad from the inside. I bet you could do a pretty good job with a hi-lift....at least in the ball park. Then show it to a glass guy, maybe he will be able to just get it in.
    2001 4Runner 3.4V-6 SR5 4x4 Money Pit<br />2008 FJC TT SE 6 SPEED stock

glad you're alright brother.

I learned a lot about straightening body panels to fit a windshield in when I flopped my 91 pickup. it's not as hard as you think. it can be tricky since most installers of windshields wont want to wait around for you to make tweaks to your fix. if you don't care about beauty, you can get it back in place with a sledge hammer and some good vice grips. if you can salvage your windshield enough to get a basic shape of what youre aiming for down, all the better... but you dont need that.

I'd say take a try yourself first, see if you can get a windshield installer to come by and give an install a shot and see how it comes out. Any installer worth dealing with will tell you immediately if leaks are a concern or if the fit is too far off.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Wait a minute! You can't come on here and post about a roll repair without posting pictures of the trail, the truck upside down and the recover effort!
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Glad to see you were able to walk away from your roll. Sounds like you'll have you work cut out for you

Do you have any pictures of it after it got back on it's tires?

We didnt get many pictures that night. we were mostly concerned with getting the truck back on its wheels and making sure troy was okay. I think he forgot to mention he rolled and didnt have the seat belt on. when it was all said and done I look down and see a pair of boots hanging out of the window on the door! Troy those quotes in the 6k+ range are just total BS. Like I said give me a call and ill roll up there and give ya a hand. And im sure Jay would be more than willing to give you a hand or let you borrow that dent puller that tacs on a piece that you use a slide hammer on. He was able to pull completely smushed rocker pannels out on his truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4
    Wait a minute! You can't come on here and post about a roll repair without posting pictures of the trail, the truck upside down and the recover effort!
    you have to log in to see the pictures

Somewhat off topic but I had a question about the pic with the interior stripped. The interior pic with the back side of the antenna, is that just the headliner removed? I'll have to dig it up but I thought 3rd gens have a big black tray that the glass retracts in.

I still have to do an NMO mount and haven't because I didn't know how to get around the tray. Your pic doesn't have one and temps me in just poking a hole up there.

Quote Originally Posted by j-money$$$
    I think he forgot to mention he rolled and didnt have the seat belt on. when it was all said and done I look down and see a pair of boots hanging out of the window on the door!
    I'd been wondering if he had his seat belt on. Yikes, so glad you're ok Troy! Must have been quite the experience.
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast