Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 4runner roll over repair

Re: 4runner roll over repair

It was only a matter of time. You're a mad man on those trails! I'm glad you're ok. This is no excuse to skip out on pismo this year!
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs
    2003 Taco-was K.I.A. 4/31/12-RIP

haha i wasnt being thrown around in the truck. I just grabbed the head rest and the steering wheel. i think the feet out the window was me crawling out when it stopped.

the antenna pic is just with the headliner removed like you suspected. the spot that antenna is in is just behind where the sunroof retracts in. you wont need to remove the whole headliner to install, but you will have to remove most of what holds it up.

pismo falls in line with another deployment unforutnatly, but id like to go!

just got back from the body shop. the guy is still not interested in fixing it good enough... but he gave me advise hoping it would lead to him getting money. he told me to let the insurance know about the accident. have them obviously total it and write me a check for ~4k. then buy it back for ~1k.

does that sound like the thing to do here? it is after all a 4k truck underneith 5k of parts. it will get a salvage title but i dont care.

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4
    Wait a minute! You can't come on here and post about a roll repair without posting pictures of the trail, the truck upside down and the recover effort!
    you have to log in to see the pictures
    I saw the three that you posted.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

While it sounds like a good idea you just never know with CA DMV rules. If it were to be totaled and to have a salvage title how would it be scrutinized? Id see what your insurance says, talk to an adjuster and see what thier opinion is before you even make the claim.

That or find a back yard bodyshop guy. Its a shame your across the country, I know at least 3 guys who would do what you want for less than a grand easy and they would paint it too for a few bucks more!

But really get creative, use the hi-lift, some straps, a block and tackle in a tree and of course the sledge and BFH!
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162
    just got back from the body shop. the guy is still not interested in fixing it good enough... but he gave me advise hoping it would lead to him getting money. he told me to let the insurance know about the accident. have them obviously total it and write me a check for ~4k. then buy it back for ~1k.

does that sound like the thing to do here? it is after all a 4k truck underneith 5k of parts. it will get a salvage title but i dont care.
    im not sure your insurance would cover an offroading rollover. but i guess its worth a shot considering the alternative is you fixing it or junking it. its hard to tell from the pics but it dosent look that that bad. i would probably try to fix it best you can, maybe do an exo cage after that since some of the strength of the body has been compromised. if it comes to it i might cut the entire top off and cage it. make a soft top or some kind of roof for it like some people said. depends if you need a super streetable rig or not. and for godsakes put your seatbelt on!!
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com

Well I didnt know you had full coverage Troy. i say try to fix it yourself. There is a place down here in hesperia My friends have had good luck with and his prices seem good. I can get the number if you want

I'll check tomorrow, but I might have a rear passenger door in my shed......
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

bruce that would be great if you had one to sell.

j-money (jason lol) I would defiantly be interested in talking to someone not looking to milk a insurance job. that guy today kinda drove me nuts. he priced out a complete REPLACEMENT roof and passenger pilar. wouldnt even discuss trying to straighten what was there. the more i look at it, i know i can do it. i just want to see if someone who knows what they are doing can do it right.

my forum name is total junk, but i ended up rocking it on all of em Ill get the number. maybe he can do it cheap enough. I say screw the paint and spray it yourself, any flat color would be easy enough, and if you did flat dark green you would avoid having to paint the door jambs.

Its total bs about cutting the roof and putting a new on on there. You can pull it, get it close and bondo the rest. Plus the pilars are in great shape.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast