Thread: 285-70-17's my new toys

285-70-17's my new toys

Bought me a set of the nitto terra grappler 285-70-17 at's . factory lift on my 92 4runner and i have factory black steel wheels from an FJ cruiser . so far I only had one issue with scrubbing the front bumper on the black plastic but that was due to my front bumper being slightly bent due to a parking lot incident from the previous owner .
    92 toyota 4runner sr5 v6 , 74 plymouth duster project

Re: 285-70-17's my new toys

Looks good!

Although, I have to say I dislike the trend with tire manufacturers going to larger and larger wheel sizes for their tires.

I remember when a 20" rim was UNHEARD of, even for the aftermarket guys. Now they come stock on almost half of Dodge's line up from the factory.

I especially dislike this trend in off-road tires. It is getting harder and harder to find Good tires, in large sizes in a 15" wheel diameter. Seems like a lot of manufacturers don't make anything larger than a 33" tire with anything smaller than a 17" wheel these days.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    Looks good!

Although, I have to say I dislike the trend with tire manufacturers going to larger and larger wheel sizes for their tires.

I remember when a 20" rim was UNHEARD of, even for the aftermarket guys. Now they come stock on almost half of Dodge's line up from the factory.

I especially dislike this trend in off-road tires. It is getting harder and harder to find Good tires, in large sizes in a 15" wheel diameter. Seems like a lot of manufacturers don't make anything larger than a 33" tire with anything smaller than a 17" wheel these days.
    x2! i agree with everything Chris just said.. including that it looks good
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

That looks pretty good i wondered if they would fit and look ok...found som on ebay for 55 bucks each..hmmm.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-TO...item2eb7afeb57
    2012 4Runner Trail Edition
    Salsa Red
    KDSS with 2in lift
    Bilsten 5100's
    Nitto TerraGrapplers 285/70/17
    2010 Mustang GT
    5Spd..loaded
    SLP Loudmouth exhaust
    Roush CAI
    19in Bullits