Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Printing Parts

Re: Printing Parts

so more on the spool later...

here it is!!!!!

top covered in silver sharpie to highlight better:

now, its far far from perfect. i would use colored plastic for this instead of clearish, it will look sooo much better, and i need to dial in some settings a bit more, but at least this time it didnt print mirrored!
    Last edited by Seanz0rz; 08-25-2013 at 04:46 PM.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

streaming again at RepRap - Seanz0rz

its sort of YOTDA related...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

What is it? This is different than the kind of 3D printer I've seen before...
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    How strong of plastic are the parts that you make? like how much stress can they handle without breaking?
    still curious on this..
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

kevin, i dont have any way to test parts at home. maybe when i get back to school ill ask to do some tests.

so far, once they are cooled, they are incredibly strong. even the few thin and light pieces ive made are very very robust.

here is the approx. 2" size keychain:

ill have a chat with a few of the admins and see where they want to go from here...
    Last edited by Seanz0rz; 08-25-2013 at 04:46 PM.

Ooooooh, YODA. Haha, I get it now. The keychain is cool.
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

not sure what happened to the pictures above, ill look into it.

so an update:

ive designed and printed my first really functional thing:
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:14620

it is a smart phone holder, attaches to my Go Pro suction cup, so i can use my android smartphone as a gps in the truck. all the buttons and ports are accessible and it fits snugly.

some mounts are 60 or so dollars, so ive really saved myself a bit of coin with this one.

in other news, senior project is in full swing, ill post more about it when it comes time to build. basically a plastic recycler/extruder that can be built at home by the average hobbyist.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123