Thread: Motorola Android X2, power profile questions

Motorola Android X2, power profile questions

Has anyone found an app, or a way in the android software to setup more than one power profile? For instance:

I usually have my screen timeout and lock set to 2 minutes to help conserve battery power.
    All night at work my phone is plugged up and charging, I want to set up a power profile for "On Power" to never timeout the screen, and "On battery" to timeout after 2 minutes.
    This would be similar to the way notebooks and laptops have different power profiles for on battery and on power.
    I know this may be asking a lot from a phone, but just putting the feelers out there.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Re: Motorola Android X2, power profile questions

mine seems to stay on when on the charger already. have you tried it out? also how are your battery times? I just got 30 hours after flashing a gingerbread ROM.

I've got an HTC Incredible 2 and run AVG mobilization software. The software is an app killer, gps tracker if you lose your phone, virus scan for the phone, apps, programs and emails/text messages. When my phone locks an AVG screen comes on and requires a "code" to get to my home screen. When plugged in it acts differently. If I let it "sleep" it'll do it without the lockout screen coming on. Plugged in or not the lock screen will come on it I push the little button on the top.

Another app to check is juice defender. A lot of the apps have different settings but I haven't seen one that allows you to do exactly what you want. My phone is my alarm clock so at night it's plugged next to the bed. It goes to sleep and I have the desk clock (night version) on. It has the time, date and the time that the alarm will come on. It's just a feature of the phone and not any app.

Mine does not stay on when on the charger. My battery times run around 30 hours, with all stock android. No flashes or rooting.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

hmm ill mess with mine tonight and see whats up. maybe its because im running pandora or maybe its because im plugged into the car...but the screen stayed on for 30 minutes today with a screen turn off setting of 30 seconds

oh and your doing alot better then me. I was getting only about 15 hours at first with the phone.

just tested and with this version of gingerbread at least the phone stays screen on and open while plugged in.

Maybe I should mess with that some as well.. I don't think I can get 30hrs! I do use it a lot through the day though.. Pandora.. Wordfeud..Words with Friends.. MSN/AIM.. and I'm overclocked some. :0 On a 2.3.4 based rom (CM7 beta).